Aftermarket CD player not powering up at all?

I recently bought a 51' Micra Sport 1.0L, it had a original tape deck, took that out, left with three plugs. I bought a ISO connector, connected that to my micra's leads, then connected my cd player onto it. No power...

Can anyone suggest what may be wrong? I was using the CD player in my civic, was working fine.. I've checked all the fuses on the cd player, and checked the Audio fuse on the fusebox by pedals..

Thanks for any replies :)

This one gets everyone, myself included. There's no ground in the loom, you need to ground the HU to a part of the chassis :).

This one gets everyone, myself included. There's no ground in the loom, you need to ground the HU to a part of the chassis :).

Cheers for the reply mate, il be honest with ya, I ain't got a clue on how to ground or what that is etc, where do I start?

Basically, it's the negative for the stereo. You need a wire connecting the body of the stereo to a metal bit of the car chassis because there isn't one in the loom.

Basically, it's the negative for the stereo. You need a wire connecting the body of the stereo to a metal bit of the car chassis because there isn't one in the loom.

Alright, on the back of my CD player, there is a little screw and bolt thing, should I get a electric wire, wrap it around this screw, bolt it on, then take that wire down to my car chassis metal it and just tape the wire down with electrical tape, and then my CD player should start working? Cheers for your help so far mate, I appreciate it :)

Yup :). I'd use a soldered on eye and thickish wire personally but yes.

Got it working, just got some electrical wire, connected it onto the cars standard aerial plug in dash, and the connected the other side to my aftermarket cd player aerial bit. The aerial bit must have been the earth ground. I ordered an aeriel adaptor anyway to make it neater. Cheers for all help bro

Back