stupid bike riders

superls

K10 Tuner
this is just off the back off ollyc's thread where hes sayin about cars from the point of view of a biker, so thought id start a thread about bikers from the piont of view of a car driver.

this morning driving down a residential 30 limit road with huge speed bumps, this little tw@ an a moped pulls out behind me at a junction and as there huge speed bumps i only like going over them slow like 15 - 20mph, but this muppet behind me was that close to my rear bumper on a damp road i couldnt even see his front head lamp, and futher more for about a mile he drove with his left indicater on,

but anyways he was so close to me i got to the point where i didnt want to brake for the bumps cos he would have gone into the back of me, cos if im honest ive got bigger brake disks on my push bike...

and to top it off the road then opens up into a 60, we were in a convoy of about 7 cars me at the front when i sped up to about 45 this mong on the 'ped had his chin on the fuel tank in the middle of the lane doin about 33mph holding all the other cars up behind them...

complete idiot imo.

one last remark...

i hate the bikers that endanger themselfs and all other road users including predestrians when they weave in and out of cars and undertake people in traffic.

right this concluses my rant, thanks for reading

superls

I agree, it's because any idiot can get a CBT, the training is minimal. Some bikers think they can get through any gap, for example if you are indicating right they think they can overtake before you turn right, stupid.

As for ped riders laying down flat to their bikes, what do they think that will do lol. I did it once on my CBT and my instructor reminded me that 'this isn't pizza delivery, sit up straight'

I hate any driver or rider that risks themselves or other people, my other thread wasn't having a go at all car drivers but was a reminder to use correct signals etc

to be fair you get both stupid and reckless car drivers and bikers. the ones on the mopeds are usually relatively inexperienced and prone to accidents cos they're at the bottom of the learning curve. strangely it is the bikers who has higher power bikes who tend to be more cautious, probably cos they dont want to wreck their nice bikes.

sometimes it takes an accident or two to make people learn, its cruel but true.

If they're up your bumper, it's usually a chav! Brake harder and send them flying ;) lol.

People with larger bikes should be more experienced & careful, but you know from all the youtube videos there are a lot of people who prat about! Also, you can still do intensive courses to get a larger bike in around a week, and still not have the experience to ride it

You don't need a big bike to mess around, before I altered the gearing I could go up on the back wheel, though only briefly
Hard front braking with warm tires and you can do a stoppie, not so easy to land, the only difference with a bigger bike is straight line speed

Generally speaking, if someones on a moped and up your back end its a chav, i know thats a generalisation but its true! A moped to a chav is just a stepping stone to their saxo/nova/corsa etc, they'll usually never get a geared bike or go any further in biking, these ####ers are just as bad when they get into their cars.

You can rant all you want, but as a general rule bikers, and bikers who have become car drivers are FAR more aware of other road users, because they know just how vunerable you can be. There was one guy at my work that practially said you should expect to be ran over on a bike because your a minority road user and because of that cars weren't looking you for you? I personally don't see why its harder when (if?) a car pulls up to a junction they see ANYTHING thats coming, wheather its a car, motorcyclist, normal cyclist etc your not looking for a car at a junction your looking for anything.

Back to the original point, i have seen some idiot bike riders, but when i was on my bike i saw a far greater proportion of idiot car drivers. (And not just because there are more cars on the road.)

DO NOT compare motorcyclist to moped riders! im a motorcyclist and the thing i hate more than anything is these little ####s on mopeds!!! the amount of times the little chavs try to over take me cut me up etc! i need a bleeding bar to beat the dicks of the damn things!

most motorcyclist respect the roads 16 year old on bloody mopeds dont and should all be shot! no exceptions! grrr

as for weaving in and out of traffic thats not sensible, "filtering" when safe to do so is perfectly legal. i.e. passing cars on the right when there is space is legal and sensible if done in a mature manner at a sensible speed. i dont understand why cars pull out to block you? clearly they want to murder a biker...... there the real idiots as clearly they dont understand the laws of the road.

You can rant all you want, but as a general rule bikers, and bikers who have become car drivers are FAR more aware of other road users, because they know just how vunerable you can be. There was one guy at my work that practially said you should expect to be ran over on a bike because your a minority road user and because of that cars weren't looking you for you? I personally don't see why its harder when (if?) a car pulls up to a junction they see ANYTHING thats coming, wheather its a car, motorcyclist, normal cyclist etc your not looking for a car at a junction your looking for anything.

well said!

DO NOT compare motorcyclist to moped riders! im a motorcyclist and the thing i hate more than anything is these little ####s on mopeds!!! the amount of times the little chavs try to over take me cut me up etc! i need a bleeding bar to beat the dicks of the damn things!

most motorcyclist respect the roads 16 year old on bloody mopeds dont and should all be shot! no exceptions! grrr

as for weaving in and out of traffic thats not sensible, "filtering" when safe to do so is perfectly legal. i.e. passing cars on the right when there is space is legal and sensible if done in a mature manner at a sensible speed. i dont understand why cars pull out to block you? clearly they want to murder a biker...... there the real idiots as clearly they dont understand the laws of the road.

well said!

totally agree with wot you said and i dont mind the highlighted section if done as you say but what i hate is bikers hopping in and out of gaps undertaking overtaking then undertaking etc, thats dangerous for everyone

totally agree with wot you said and i dont mind the highlighted section if done as you say but what i hate is bikers hopping in and out of gaps undertaking overtaking then undertaking etc, thats dangerous for everyone

that is stupid mate i agree it people like that that give the rest of us a bad name... and ive seen some stupid things in my time

i always wrode sensibly so i think thats a pretty ####ty oppinion! At least mine had gears tho so it didnt sound like a ####ing hairdryer

i always wrode sensibly so i think thats a pretty ####ty oppinion! At least mine had gears tho so it didnt sound like a ####ing hairdryer

well im yet to see a moped round here to prove me wrong. either way mopeds are more dangerous than bikes, you should need to do a proper course before going on the roads a CBT is not suffcient at all!

either way mopeds are more dangerous than bikes, you should need to do a proper course before going on the roads a CBT is not suffcient at all!

i agree with that, although one of the dangers is that they go too slow imo! Not enough power to get out of the way if someone is about to smack into the side of you!

I knew someone that crashed on there CBT and still had there certificate by the end of the day :suspect:

a CBT is not a test tho, its a training day there are no specific criteria to meet. all the instructor can do is advise you that you need more time riding you cant fail it as its not a test. this needs to be changed!

Aside from the occasional young girl on a moped, and the massive fat ass on a moped, as a rule of thumb, moped riders are total idiots. I admit i was a total idiot at 16. Used to ride through traffic with my legs on the handle bars controlling the throttle, intentionally try and find icy downhill roads in winter, take shortcuts off road etc... It was great fun though, I try to keep that in mind when a swarm of 'peds over take me at 20mph. I got punched in the head once too, by a taxi driver. He said I was driving too close behind him. Funny thing was, I still had my helmet on.

I know that! But they can make you go onto the next day if you can't ride for ####!

true but eventually these people who cant ride will get lucky and get the certificate....

Aside from the occasional young girl on a moped, and the massive fat ass on a moped, as a rule of thumb, moped riders are total idiots. I admit i was a total idiot at 16. Used to ride through traffic with my legs on the handle bars controlling the throttle, intentionally try and find icy downhill roads in winter, take shortcuts off road etc... It was great fun though, I try to keep that in mind when a swarm of 'peds over take me at 20mph. I got punched in the head once too, by a taxi driver. He said I was driving too close behind him. Funny thing was, I still had my helmet on.

you plank! :p but i still cant help but like you lol :p

a CBT is not a test tho, its a training day there are no specific criteria to meet. all the instructor can do is advise you that you need more time riding you cant fail it as its not a test. this needs to be changed!

Erm yes you can fail, one of the lads on the day failed, he didn't stop when he was told to. It's not a guaranteed pass as everyone says, you get taught how to operate the bike and how to survive on the road, then you go for a 2 hour minimum ride until the instructor thinks you are ready to ride alone

Back