Stupid fastner question.

CMF_queazocotal

» CMF Member
I've broken several fastners that hold bits of the interior trim on (notably the trim behind the central pillar, over the ECU and the wheel arch liners).

These are black, ~20mm diameter, with a rounded head, and a 6mm diameter 1mm depression in the middle.
I don't know what the back of them looks like, as I have not successfully removed them.
What's the correct procedure for removing these, and what are they called, so I can track some down.

CMF_Toma

» CMF Member
I just yank them out. Gently... sometimes with a flathead scren driver for leverage.
No idea what theyre called... Take one out and take it to your autoshop. They might know. Or even to a nissan workshop.
If you find out where to get em and what theyre called, i need some too :D

CMF_Alex_B

» CMF Member
i think your talking about the ones that you actually push in the centre part in, then grab the outer and pull it out together. i accidentall pulled one out like that, then discovered thats how they work. I need about 7 replacements :p though

Alex

CMF_queazocotal

» CMF Member
Sigh.
I assumed that after I ran the pressure washer over the thing, that it'd be clean.
That combined with poor visibility must have meant that I missed the screwhead in all three cases.
Oh well.
Thanks!

Back