Study Techniques?

goldstar0011

Ex. Club Member
Right, one of the reasons I love my new job is they do help all staff gain qualifications and fund it.

All technicians have to have an i-Net+ qualification, even though I'm not a techie I can do it, so I've now got a 600page book to study, covers most of what I know but in far more details.

What I need help with is this, how do I study?
It's been years since I did any studying from a book, most the time it's hands on like welding course I did or lessons and practicals for night school courses.

My plan was to read chapter parts and make notes of the stuff I didn't know already.

All tips would be a help.

I recently started studying french. I read through it, if i don't understand it i read it again. I take notes as i go along and there are quizzes at the end of each chapter.

I do the quizzes, mark my answers and make corrections just like a teacher would.

I find it works quite well.

gary, theres a system online to help you find out what kind of "learner" you are (rock on being a teacher...)

there are three main types:

some find it best to sit and just read through, make notes and re read everything

others find it easer talking on tape and listening to it back

some find that if they put actions to their work they learn better, such as walking round, working to movement etc.

i'll find the site i used for my first week to get to know the kids. i had some of them in the gym dancing because that was worked best for them.

you'll also find that locking yourself in a silent room reading gets tedious VERY quickly.

http://www.how-to-study.com/

thats useful too

im doing a course training me to be a tree surgeon, theres alot of pratical but loads of theory,

im 27 and havnt had to study since school, ( i left at 16 )

the best way ive found for me is to read it a few times then write it down a few times,

sofar this has worked for me

Thanks all, so far I've found putting on the original Transformers cartoon works :D

Music I just get into, movies I watch, found old cartoons I've seen are fine.
It's weird but I like studying somewhat, how mature of me!

Back