stripping interior carpet

hoodedreeper

Ex. Club Member
I've stripped the back seats/carpet out and thinking about doing the front. All i've got left is the rear foot well carpet and the front footwells.

My question is,is this glued to the floor or just tucked behind the trim? As i may have to put it back in at a later date.

just gotta take out the seats and center console, then the trim around the doors and the clips/velcro thats in the front footwells.

So yeah its just tucked in lol :D

yerah all the trim and seats hold it down, once out its fairly simple, just lift it over the handbrake and gear shifter, oh p.s dont forget to undo the foot rest as i forgot lol. also near the ECU it will need a fine thin cut with a knife or sissors.if you ever put it back in the trim around the ecu will hide it.

you taking out the roof liner? and most of the plastic trim like mine? or you not hardcore engongh? :p

forgot to say theres a section that goes around the back of the dash center support bit under the ecu (you'll see what i mean :)) you can easily just cut this up the middle and hold it back together with velcro as its hidden behind all the panels anyway.

Dunno about the roof lining yet,probs leave that in.

Heres my interior to compare it with:

DSCF8242.jpg

DSCF8243.jpg

DSCF8245.jpg

I would leave the front carpet in. had it out in mine and it didn't make any difference ontop of having the back out. You can barely hear yourself think with nothing in!

it was only yesterday i took the rear carpet out (the carpet that goes over the rear arches)Went for a 60mile trip last night and could barely hear my music (only got an induction kit atm)

the rear carpet doesnt do anything for noise its the rear seats and parcel shelf that stop the sound..

tbh depends what your into, having no carpet and plastic trim i dont care about, as long as iam comfy screw any passangers lol depnds if you have a girlfriend or not aswell doubut they want to get into a car with no carpet etc.

@pjg1979: No the boot/back end is staying empty

@Squarepants: Yeah but you can play around with that car as much as you like,you still aint got you liscence ;)

make up a fasle foor...copy the boot carpet and the rest of the rear where the bench used to sit...and make a cut out of mdf, then cover it in material stapled to the boot so you carnt see it...looked awsome in alienfishes k11 and in richmicratwistas (same false floor) phil did a top job of making that!

I made a quick mock up false floor for Mod Nats so i could put everything in the back,but the whole point is to save weight,not add it ;)

How about adding a little bit of weight using Polystyrene sheets or something that doesn't weigh that much. What do you plan on doing with the Micra to lose all this weight?

Back