Carpet repair

My carpet in the driver side footwell has a large hole just under the foot guard and a couple of other small holes and general wearing. It all came from a period of time with my job that was really hectic working 16 hour shifts and the floor mat on the drivers side was binned because it was sliding around. Wearing shoes with a hard heal made short work of the carpet under the pedals. I'm wondering if there's any kind of repair or patching in that I could do? I'd rather not buy a complete replacement carpet and take all the interior trim and seats out. The rest of the carpet is in perfect condition. I'm wondering whether I should just splice in the area of the drivers side and glue it down with carpet adhesive under the drivers seat so I'd only need to take the console trim out and the foot rest and maybe the drivers seat so it'd be half the work..

Nah, take it all out, who needs carpet? :wasntme:
:laugh:

I noticed on your blog you recently took out your carpets, was it straight forward? I've read that other than the usual trim removal it just needs to be cut around the ecu somewhere under the dash.

The sound proofing stuff seems to have worn away too so the hole looks really rough.

:laugh:

I noticed on your blog you recently took out your carpets, was it straight forward? I've read that other than the usual trim removal it just needs to be cut around the ecu somewhere under the dash.

The sound proofing stuff seems to have worn away too so the hole looks really rough.

Aha, at least there's a few people following it :laugh:. Basically, this is the stuff you need to take out to remove the carpet:

Front seats
Front seatbelt rails
Gear lever surround
Handbrake surround
The 2 plastic trims on either side of the footwell
The plastic trim below the centre console, and just behind it
Accelerator pedal stop
The plastic trim next to the clutch pedal
Lift the rear seat pad up (doesn't need to come out, unless you remove the boot carpet as well)
Cut it around the centre console

I only removed the carpet to take the soundproofing out from underneath. Ended up taking the dash and all the gubbins out from behind it as well so I could take the soundproofing out of there as well, but doing just the carpet is an easy job, you can do it in less than 2 hours

Back