Few Questions About Exhaust, Brakes & Stripping

scottish-sr

Ex. Club Member
In the near future im definately needing new front brakes for the car. I was going to go with some new grooved disks and pads. I've heard good things about Black Diamond stuff, but its pretty expensive. So is there any other combos you can recommend?

I will/should also be purchasing a Janspeed manifold and cat-back system (if any come up for sale 2nd hand anyway) I know it can give roughly 20 extra BHP, but what sort of advantage does it give in seconds on the 0-60, quarter mile & top speed etc? And does anyone have any sound clips of what it actually sounds like that they could upload.

Im also thinking about stripping the rear seats and everything else out of the back of the car and probably going to install some buckets if I can. Now obviously its loosing passenger space but if done right, can look pimp. Once again, what are the pros and cons to this.

Cheers.

i had all those things you mentioned on my k11,not a bad thing about any of it imo

Ive got Black Diamond Disc and pads on my car - OK, but suffers on brake dust with the pads. Wash Monday covered in dust on Tuesday!!!

i used black Diamond drilled+grooved disc's with EBC greenstuff pads,no problems with dust with those pads!

i will be getting some for the k12 soon as i can,if they make them yet

I done a wee bit of searching. Can get them for around £120 disks and pads from needforspeed, Demon-Tweeks want £150. Any other disks people would recomend?

like i said before go sunny brakes :) but if ya don't want to change calipers then grooved / drilled discs and decent pads are your best bet.

instead of black diamond could look into tarox discs - between £90-120 depending on how many grooves etc(without any discounts included so take them off if shop allows msc discount)

or 3g £90ish goes up with amount of grooves (again no discounts).

i've never used either of these, but they are available for the micra :)

deff go for greenstuff pads or mintex.

tarox - click tarox brakes (bottom left on list) - scroll down page http://www.roadrunnermotorsport.co.uk/index.asp

3g http://www.potn.com/-_c2918_192_193_215_p1132537.htm

both quick find links so will prob cheaper at demon tweeks with msc discount.

as for buckets makes the 100bhp micra alot more fun, so i'd say go for these to.

and never had mine up the 1/4 mile yet so can't say and 0-60 i would guess 9ish secs.

:)

welcome bud,

a bit of topic but the later k11's came with vented discs iirc, anyone rekon they'd be a good swap? obviously you'll need to change the calipers as well tho so no help to ya scottish sr

:)

get yourself some wilwoods mate, 285 mm is a good size, 4 pot alloy calipers and braided hoses youll stop on a dime second hand expect to pay 250 quid with good discs. I have them on my GTIR theyre a bit small for that but perfect for a K11. The caliper is the same for every car just the adaptor brackets are different for different models etc. Give Raldes a call or www.raldes.co.uk as they import Wilwoods and they manufacture the brackets themselves from Billett Alloy. IMO getting the same size disc isnt really a good way to spend 150 quid.

ARE YOU BE THE WAY running stock micra brakes on that 2.0 l turbo beast? OMG lol

Back