Street Circuits

markbognor

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
There are some amazing Street Circuits around the world, bringing the excitement of motor racing right into the heart of towns and cities, Detroit, Adelaide, and of course Monaco to name but a few.

These circuits are few and far between, what with the red tape, safet modifications to street furnature, and of course dealing with the shutting down of an area of the town or city for the weekend.

However, if these hurdles could be overcome in your home town what could the circuit look like.

The challenge is to go a make your own Street Circuit.

In answer to that challenge I give you, The Chichester Ring, a mixture a frighteningly fast straights, sweepings curves and narrow complexes, were curbs rathers than other racers are the biggest competition.

ChichesterNational.jpg

There's plenty of space to the south west for the crews, teams and possibly spectator camping. The Pit lane is shown in blue running down the inside.

Here's what it looks like on the ground.

It'd be great to see some more, but remember guys and girls, lets keep it legal, we're not re-making C’était un Rendezvous here.

What's SLIPS?

Edit:
Lol, I'm guessing its a computer game reference, but I just googled SLIPS, and got a load of underwear links. Then had to explain to the missus, sitting next to me, why I was looking at underwear pictures.

serously you dont want to know.....its a program on VIVA (TMF re-named) and baiscly they race for eachothers cars but is it soo cheeesey!

Ah yeah, heard of that. Is it UK based, I sort of wondered why they use US slang for the ownership docs.

yea its UK based but the morons that do the show are clueless yanks, and to put the iceing on the cake...the editors of max power have been on there (and they lost).....i think that pritty much sums up how gash it is :glare:

Back