Poland Make Street Racing Legal

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
Borrowed off another website i use!

Polish police teamed up with street racers to do something about street racing,the out come was,for one night ,once a month, they section off part of the city and let them loose on the streets to go as fast as they like. !

You can only race if your car is :
Full Working order
road legal
And driver lives in or around the town its held in

full story here:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/hi/ne...00/7416124.stm

Borrowed off another website i use!

sounds like a great idea, there is a perfectly straight 2 mile duel carrage way near me that people always fully street race on, even drift round the roundabout at the end to come back, and it would be so much better if they were allowed to do it. would be great fun too :D

Link fixed :rolleyes::

:p

I'm not so sure it's a good idea. It doesn't matter how well you know the area, a mistake at say over 100mph, or even 150 according to the article, would have major consequences to the drivers & spectators.

I don't know if they have race tracks over there, but they should encourage people to attend those instead, which is a much safer environment, and if they don't have race tracks, build one!

The only benefit to doing this is at least with the road being shut, no innocent regular drivers will be caught up in it or worse.

The M25 would make a good track...
When you go all the way round it they give you this:

1061450396_a9c288ad78.jpg

:laugh:

I've seen people pointing at mine and looking puzzled!!

:p

I'm not so sure it's a good idea. It doesn't matter how well you know the area, a mistake at say over 100mph, or even 150 according to the article, would have major consequences to the drivers & spectators.

I don't know if they have race tracks over there, but they should encourage people to attend those instead, which is a much safer environment, and if they don't have race tracks, build one!

The only benefit to doing this is at least with the road being shut, no innocent regular drivers will be caught up in it or worse.

It is only over a 1/4 mile, though if memory serves?

Also, interesting to see that only residents can race - are the Poles trying to keep their population at hoome?

Still, has been handled in a common sense manner, even though it was only a problem due to police funding.

Craig

Back