Strange whistling sound, a Belt or?

Dougyledds

Woopa Pandastyle!
Recently been having trouble with my clutch thrust bearing, starting to hear quite a large whistling sound now on general driving, it almost sounds like wind against something.. it squeaks when stationary when in neutral ( high pitched sound ) just wondering if the new noise has relation with the other thrust bearing noise :)

Thanls

The squeaking is probably the mice that cant duck under your car even when they bend down. Having now seen it in the flesh it is monstrously low! ;) lol

anyways back to the problem,

If its your clutch release bearing, start your car out of gear, pres the clutch pedal down, listen then take your foot off if you can hear a noise it cold be that,

aother than that it could be your alternator bearing which do tend to squeak a bit, i wd40'd mine about a month ago and it stopped squeaking.

hope this helps

Really annoying me now lol, it sounds like its at the back but I recon its cause there's nothing in it so sound travels, maybe its a dry belt.. hmmm

anyways back to the problem,

If its your clutch release bearing, start your car out of gear, pres the clutch pedal down, listen then take your foot off if you can hear a noise it cold be that,

aother than that it could be your alternator bearing which do tend to squeak a bit, i wd40'd mine about a month ago and it stopped squeaking.

hope this helps

i did put wd40 so it was ok for few days.

Back