I have a problem...already

K10Daz

RIP Colin McRae 1968-2007
I had this problem from the moment i bought the car and its the thrust bearing in the clutch - i belive. When the car is in neutral and my foot off the clutch you can hear a whistling noise, dip the clutch and its gone. When im driving you can hear it whistle and it also sounds as if it is ginding. When i turn left at a half decent speed it seems to get louder, i dont know if this is a wheel bearing or the clutch bearing as the engine is bount to move slightly when turning left? I have asked wayne to take a look at it on friday when he is up at mine, but any other ideas??

Cheers in advance
Daz

I'm pretty sure its the the thrust bearing, as this sounds exactly how my old K10 4 speed box sounded. I bought a 5-speed to fix it, hehe, but I'm sure it's fixable without the need for a new box.

James :)

Right chap, welcome to the wonderful world of the K11.
Its the thrustbearing on the clutch, as every K11 facelift i've seen does it, as did mine. To sort it, grease up the bottom ball joint at the gearbox (from the gear stick i think). This somehow makes is shut up. Will explain better on saturday.
Funny thing is, your car is identical to mine, and you even have all of the problems i have.
Just wait for the brake servos...
Titch :down:

If the break servo's go then guess who is getting a slap lol! So the turning left noise is the thrust bearing too yeh? Wayne is coming up this week ill slip him a few quid to fit a new thrust bearing for me lol im sure he wont mind after all he is
bits off my k10micra lol

Thanx
Daz

Back