Strange steering

B

barry c

WHen i drive along the steering wheel is turned slightly clockwise to go straight ahead, when i let go of the wheel the wheel goes straight, but the car turns slightly left?

Whats wrong with it?

As james said you tracking is most likely out, this is the cheap and easy problem to fix. But i would recommend going to a centre that has a four wheel laser alighment centre as they will be able to check everything.

Is your car lowered? If so it knocks out your camber and castor which can only be fixed by either turning the car to standard or buying some Whiteline gear.

Before anyone suggests it, it cannot be the bushes as this will make the centre point different ever time you drove the car. The worst case for this is that the n/s damper has gone and due to the o/s being stronger the car is being pulled one way. To repair it will need some knowledge and some money.

Mike

Its not lowered, totally standard. I will get the tracking done and see how it drives, thanks.

Mine does the very same but it seems that it was pulling more to the left when i drove it last prob cause the ball joint came out of the wish bone when i was pulling off from a traffic lights. Won't ave the car back till next monday or tuesday wen ever the cops decide to check it.

both my micras had steering problems, everything has been checked on my current SR and my wheel alignments just been done, still pulls to leftthoug and my steering wheel sits to the right:[.

Back