Play and vibrations of steering wheel + drifting to the right

Two months ago I had the wheels in my 1.3 Inspiration (1999) balanced and aligned which removed vibrations of the steering wheel. However, a new problem has arisen recently, namely the tendency of the car to drift to the right.
I took the car to the same garage as previously and all they did was another wheel alignment. Not only did it not help, but also made things worse:
- I have to keep the steering wheel turned to the left a bit in order to drive straight
- the vibrations of the steering wheel reappeared but they are less severe than before
- a new issue is massive play of the steering wheel - I have to turn the steering wheel upside down to make a 90-degree turn. It is even possible to turn the wheel by 360 degrees!
Another thing is that they didn't even check the tyre pressure prior to carrying out wheel alignment! I'm not a mechanic but I know that it's a basic procedure which just has to be done before adjusting the "tracking".

I'm going to make a complaint. However, I'm afraid they won't be able to fix my car or restore its previous condition. What should I do?

could you try the rear wheels at the front (or another set) and see what happens? if it stops you know your problem.

Back