• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Steve's new Micra :O

Dewgel

Buy & Sell Member
Well well well.. still got the old black Super S sitting outside my house rotting and rusting away, but decided enough is enough and needed something newer which would actually pass an MOT.

So, decided why not, saw jim_bling / kenny's 1.0 Profile up for sale and snatched him up! Bargain if I ever saw one.

First thing was getting it towed to mine, and then getting the exhaust swapped over (much appreciated Kenny + Ian!)

So far I've actually done nothing to it, bar fitting my old CD player in and just giving it a lil valet. I've swapped the lock off the blue boot onto the red one so I can use it for the time being, until I get the glass swapping over.

l_2b8b36ca69474cd2a9e72d94e3436589.jpg

l_155ab2d206124c16a6ee45755de27fbb.jpg

Will post a few more images to follow, but plans are full exhaust system, possible swapping of cams and such from old 1.3 engine and whatever I can muster.

It drives like a dream, it's lovely and smooth, powered steering is lovely, and just generally it's an all round nicer car. You can tell how bad my old one was when you compare it haha.

Good stuff mate. What are you doing about paint?

Just going to have to get the proper colours mixed, or maybe put it ina body shop for it because the colour looks like a kind of two-tone metallic, it looks bluey and purpley in different angles.

Don't know if I can do it :p

Got plans for this one in terms of exhaust system, old 1.3 cams and such to go in.

Joe, biggest investment ever is getting a facelift Micra :p They're so much better.. I drove my old one earlier and I nearly fainted from the horrible drive.

biggest investment ever is getting a facelift Micra :p They're so much better.. I drove my old one earlier and I nearly fainted from the horrible drive.

but the suspension etc are the same, only the looks of the exterior and the interior are diffrent?

thats what i was thinking. probably just cause yours was falling apart steve :p

Haha, that had something to do with it.

Nah just feels nicer, obviously with it all being newer it's nicer too.

Powered steering is the best thing about it though.

pas aint for girls lol and what a bargin he got i tell you just didnt have the time or money to sort it all out enjoy it mate

PAS is for girls :p

noo PAS is the future :D

Haha, trust me Modded, when you're in town and you're parking up, or when you've had a hard day at work and you cba.. just think of who's sitting in his comfy car relaxing :p While you're having to use all your strength to get out of that junction :p:p haha.

Youve got everything to do a 1.3 swap:p get it done

That older engine isn't in the best condition though, not sure if that's a wise idea.. plus I don't have tools! Would really want to though.

Anyone local to Hebburn / Jarrow up for helping me?

id give you a hand if you get a engine hoist, can bring few tools too.

How much is an engine hoist?

Will it be ok though, I mean.. isn't it a cock on changing insurance and details and whatnot for my MOT and ####..

Plus the engine is off a 1995 Super S, not sure if it had mcuh life in it..

How much is an engine hoist?

Will it be ok though, I mean.. isn't it a cock on changing insurance and details and whatnot for my MOT and ####..

Plus the engine is off a 1995 Super S, not sure if it had mcuh life in it..

drop the engine out the bottom, much easier, i did it with a skate board and a couple of trolly jacks

I migth try that, but how about getting the thing back in? Is this a cock on of a job :p?

na soo easy, lift the car up on either side with the trolly jacks. chuck the engine and gearbox on the skate board all assembled and ready to go. wheel the board under the arch (take off everything like suspention, wishbones etc) then slowly lower the engine whilst shifting the engine around til it lines up with all the mounts, then when its low enough just bolt it on and jack it up again :D those engines are amazingly light, very easy to move around

na soo easy, lift the car up on either side with the trolly jacks. chuck the engine and gearbox on the skate board all assembled and ready to go. wheel the board under the arch (take off everything like suspention, wishbones etc) then slowly lower the engine whilst shifting the engine around til it lines up with all the mounts, then when its low enough just bolt it on and jack it up again :D those engines are amazingly light, very easy to move around

What about changing insurance and whatnot, cos my insurance is higher on this 1.0 Micra than my old 1.3 Super S.. about £160 more per year.. which si daft!!!!

And logbook and stuff?

argh steve dont do it man get a different engine rather than the super s one as its gone mate even u said your self its gone try and find another one fella

No matter how many times I read this...

...it still makes no sense... :p

Haha. Is it a #### of a job fwn :laugh:

And Kenny, aye I know. I think like you said the best thing is to put the cams and such in it, would that make a noticeable difference? Cos the chain in my old one was very diesel sounding and that.

well you get get a 1.3 engine cheap enough, insurance may be slightly higher ect so check it out first. yeah i droped my 1.3 engine out of the SR using trolly jacks. when i get it back it will go back in via a similar fashion

Engine hoist FTW!!! They are soo light you and a mate should be able to lift the engine and gearbox out the top if your not a faggot lol. Oh and PAS IS for girls. James has ditched it on his! My Micra's didn't have it and they weren't too bad.

Ivan

Well, plans for this are quite high so far.. I'm really needing the door and boot painting.. or glass swapped out of the boot.. it's finding the time and money to do this though.

I've got the original blue boot but need to repaint the door. How hard will it be or is anyone from the North East area any good with doing a spray job on the door.. ?

DSC06943.jpg

DSC06954.jpg

I don't like this photobucket thing but looks fun! There's a couple of pics, first is me old and new car, and the second was just testing the spoiler against it.

Back