• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

New micra

So i picked the car up today, Im chuffed with it, got a list of things to do to it already, just minor things at the minute while i gather some cash...

Its a White 1.0 L 95 model. Got the standard grey plastic bumpers but they are brand new on so i cant complain.

I actually forgot it had standard alloys on it when i went to pick it up after getting it through its MOT.

1. Cure all the little rust spots
2. Ugly window stickers placed by previous owner removed from rear window
3. Spray stereo surround, Clove compartment door, Rear view mirror and steering colum surrounds black.
4. Sun visor Clips are going to be painted black also.
5. Black seat covers and possibly a steering wheel cover too before i can afford a new wheel.
6. CD player installed
7. Change of the antenna i think too to a shorter one.
8. Interior door handles sprayed black as they are real faded and tatty anyway
9.Going to keep the original gear knob but give it a new coat of black also.

Any major mods will follow this later in the year when a certain student loan comes in.

Here is the car now, more pics to follow as i get things done.

l_59f23fa640da2276188ae9d2acd9aedf.jpg

Hi Mike, first things I would do are colour coding the mirrors and door handles, remove the bump strips down the sides and try to get hold of Super S type bumpers that you can also colour code, clear side repeaters and rear lights also look superb on a white car, btw, they're steelies not alloys aren't they ?

I meant to say steelies...didnt think about colour coding the door handles like...nice idea.
cant afford any major exterior mods as its more on my insurance which i just paid off in one go the other day...I do fancy a new exhaust system though.

Just had a look at some clear side repeaters and damn they are a lot of money for a little bit of plastic...

Got stickers removed, bought all rust treatment stuff...also picked up some black spray paint to spray the front tow bar.

Fitted this also...
l_068a9026b222244e295ae5dae7f53884.jpg

Going to get all the rust treated and filled tomorow...then onto getting hold of a new Dash stereo surround and some lacquer for painting the inside door handles and the rest.

Back