Stereo Problem

Hi been a while since I have been on here, but I finally got my Micra back on the road after not even starting it for 9 months!! Dad put new front brakes and wipers and went straight through MOT with 1 advisory on sill. Anyway put a new stereo in it as Nissan one finally gave up the ghost and works fine when car off, but as soon as I start engine Radio starts crackling does not happen when cd is on!! Any ideas, been told it might be incorrect spark plugs but would this really be the problem?
Thanks Stacey

so does it work fine when the engine is in off but when the engine is started the radio goes crackly maybe it could be the actual aeriel connection at the back of the radio check that but if that is the problem i dont see why the problem does happen with the engine is not started :/ also maybe a change of a fuse. but i am no expert so i might be a mile off. but hopefully that is the problems.

Put a new set of correct plugs in, but still happening so annoying!! engine off radio fine and good sound, engine on annoying crackling from radio, engine off fine again!! driving me mad, any help please?? :(

So maybe your having radio interference ? Maybe check your ht leads. Because they have a high resistance to stop radio signals. There is also a component within the alternator that I can't remember off the top of my head that helps stop radio interference too. use a multimeter on the leads to check u have correct resistance. Hope this helps

if its from your alternator then you will get a whine that gets faster as you rev the car,check the earth on the stereo make sure its good ,if all else fails you could try an inline suppressor you can get them from halfords, maplins or any car audio centre.
the resistance for the plug leads should be printed on the side of each plug lead,if i remember correctly then i think a plug lead should measure between 5k - 10k per foot of cable

Back