Stock Blaupunkt stereo help

S

stevenb

Hi,

My father and I are trying to unlock the stereo.
We have read all the instructions in the booklet but to no avail.
We have the code on it's original card.
My father doesn't want to change the stereo...just keep the stock one.
When we turn it on it comes up with 3 dashes.
We followesd the 'How to' guide. The chap we bought it off was an elderly gentleman and it was his wifes car.....he said he tried once or twice and then gave up. it says we get 16 attempts before it locks up permenantly.

Is it possible to unlock it by pulling a fuse, reset it and then trying again?
Dare I ask how much Nissan will charge to unlock a stereo....:down:
Dad likes his cassettes......so this stereo is staying.

Any advise/help appreciated.
Thanks

Steve

Sorry, but I'm not sure what you mean by secure? :blush:

When the unit is switched on all that is displayed is '- - -' and thats it.
We held in 1and 4 with the unit switched off and then turned it on holding in the buttons still. No luck. We tried punching in the pin code using buttons 1 2 3 and 4 pressing them in repeatedly in accordance to the pin code number i.e. pressed button 1, 6 times if the first digit was 6. and so on.
Again.....no luck.....:down:

No....didn't do that TBH mate as it never said to in the booklet.
I'll pass this onto my pop so he can have another go in the morning.

Cheers for your help.

Steve

no problem, if it comes up code again after you enter it and press up dont enter it in anymore times as your code might be wrong, enter it wrong 3 times and the radio will lock out and you will have to get it decoded professionally

You could try one of those dodgy looking places that unlock mobile phones. Doubt the crims take stolen stereos to Nissan!

Hmm....the issue with the lesser known companies is that sometimes they don't work....:doh:

Does anyone know how much Nissan will charge to unlock a stereo?

Thanks

Steve

Probably more than its worth, if its a tape player - you can buy a new CD/MP3 player for £70 so loads of people are getting rid of them. If it was me I'd cut my losses and just buy another from the local free ads paper. Would park the car outside and not pay them til I'd got it working!! (then put the locked cassette stereo on Ebay, or Freecycle if I was feeling generous..)

Yeah...your probably right TBH.
We'll have a browse on fleabay to see what comes up.

On another thought.....

My Dad was advised by a work colleague that putting the stereo in the freezer will reset the code....leav eit for x -day/s to thaw out and it should work?
Sounds dangerous to me.

Steve

I have one with RDS, and the code, that I removed from my Super S. Got tired of haunting the charity shops for decent cassettes so I installed a CD player. Going real cheap. Let me know if you're interested.

S

I have one with RDS, and the code, that I removed from my Super S. Got tired of haunting the charity shops for decent cassettes so I installed a CD player. Going real cheap. Let me know if you're interested.

S

ok. I'll ask my dad and see what he says.

Do we have private mail on this forum?

I was going to ask how much for the stereo and a postage price.
But if you want to say on this thread then I'm cool with that.

Thanks for your help.
Steve:grinning:

Sounds like a top deal to me. :grinning:
Thanks kindly.
Let us know how much you require for postage and your prefered method of payment and we'll go from there.

Excellent stuff.:D (Y)

Steve

Okay, weighs just over a kilo on the bathroom scales. Standard Parcel Service or First Class? I'm easy on payment method, check, PayPal or Rubles okay with me.

I'll get back to you later with postage costs. Stepping out now.

S

Super stuff. First class please. We want to get it asap.:laugh: :laugh:
Paypal it is then.

Thanks

Steve

On my Blaupunckt ,to enter the code you have to press "2U-t" "1" and "5" all together while you turn on the radio. then it lets you enter your code and then press "^" to finish. Try that.

On my Blaupunckt ,to enter the code you have to press "2U-t" "1" and "5" all together while you turn on the radio. then it lets you enter your code and then press "^" to finish. Try that.

Ah mate...your a legend.
I did this......punched in the code. Voila.....it's working.....yipee.:laugh:
Thanks for that....the manual does not say to do this so I would have been there forever......perhaps it's Nissan's way of telling you they want you to bring your car back to them for fixing...hehe:laugh:

I preset all the stations while I was at it...using the scan facility...now all sorted.

Soixantaine.....apologies......but I guess my Dad doesn't require the radio now....he said to thank you for the generous offer though.;)

Steve

what did you press for u, - and t? so you have to hold 6 buttons together and turn it on??

LastVenue meant the '2UT' button along with '1' and '5'. ;)

It worked.

Thanks again LastVenue.
:unclesam:

Back