Stereo cut off help?

mickey&me

Site Supporter
Hi

I have just recently added a Sony CD player, 50x4 cost me around £129. and i have Rockford fosgates 75W and have 4 speakers. The problem is when i put the volume up to about half way you can see the stereo player faintly flashing then shuts off then in 10 seconds then comes back again, im kinda new to this but does it have anything to do with my stereo being only 50x4?

I again recently installed a sony xplod amp and 12" sub with box at the back and installed it with a custom made boot floor, and i have checked the back of the stereo and the wiring looks ok. i have no idea what else i can do to rectify this problem, by the way, my aerial is a little bent so i shoved in the aerial cover so it looks short if thats any extra info lol

Can anyone help?
Thanks in advance

May sound stupid, but is the sterio able to support that many components, or that amount of power. It may be it's under too much pressure. I'm sure the boy's will answer soon tho!!

hey

i (well my mechanic) has just installed a 12' 750w sub and 425w amp and my mechanic had to change the battery cos my headunit and battery wouldn't power everything so my guess would be the battery. i have a jvc headunit with 50w x4 same as yours.

hope this helps

i had ths problem it was a loose cable at the back for the power all i did was cable tied the power into place and never had a problem since

When i stuck a load of ICE in my car, the battery soon died afterwards and had to be replaced.

However, the head unit is only good for about 4x20w RMS approx so if your speakers are 75 RMS, it's going to be struggling. I'd get some amps in there to power things up properley!

Look into the Alpine MRP-T130 i believe it is, usually about £20 on ebay, can do 1x250 RMS or about 2X90 RMS. I've got 2 in my car and does the job perfectly.

I second that, its most probably down to a poor earth not handling the current properly and the head unit goes into protect mode. Try changing your earth and see how you get on!

this happens to me but not when i turn the volume up maybe once or twice a week...doesnt bother me that much unless its a good song lol

Back