Steering wheel problem

joelh

Ex. Club Member
right i took my airbag steering wheel off to see if i could fit a super s steering wheel but it would not fit i put it all back together and now the indicator dont click off anymore when i turn steering wheel back after a corner any ideas how to fix? Thank Joel

you might not have put the steering wheel on exactly how it was...?

this happend when i put my smaller steering wheel on my k10, it kept missing the cancelling bits on the main stalk!

im pretty sure theres a blue disc that has two raised pins sections on it, if there not put back in the correct place then it wont cancel.

i say kinda sure as i cant remember if that was a bit i added from a non airbag car when i fitted my boss...

did not see any blue pins i want the super s wheel on really it has no airbag but when i took wheel off and a plastic bit there were a role of white wire or sumet any ideas what that was anyone?

so youve removed the rotatable disc (has lots of writing on it and a connector) somthing about a waring on it...iirc. as thats the airbag / horn connector bit...and will get in the way if thats still on...

The white wire you mention im slightly unsure about at the moment...

if fitting a non airbag wheel you will need the horn/indicator cancel parts from a non airbag car, just so you know :)

joelh

the spool on the airbag wheel MUST be centered when you replace it, or you will rip the tape/wire off (you turn it anticlock then turn it clockwise, counting the turns, then set it half-way

am after new steering wheel really frank i dont think i have riped it its all in right role not took it out

fitting to non airbag isnt hard, just time consuming...just had a look about on here for an old reply i made before, theres a rough explanation of whats involved :) (the link below will allow the auto cancel and horn to work as it originally should...you can also see the blue disc i was referring to earlier)

http://www.micra.org.uk/showthread.php?t=12092

Back