Steering wheel airbag help!

Sorry if this has been asked about before, I've searched but can't find the answer....

I've just got the foglight upgrade kit and have a question about the airbag. I've got to remove the wheel to change the control switches, In the instructions, it looks like you remove the center boss with the bag in and bin it!!

Surely as long as it's not been deployed, the bag assembly can be removed (carefully) and re-fitted?

I've read the warnings and instructions regarding disconnecting the power etc (I got one of those manuals on CD-rom) but now I'm not sure... HELP!!

I was under the impression that a Airbag can be safely removed and refitted without a problem. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE - first disconnect battery and wait for approx 15 minutes before touching the airbag.

As you wont have a metal box that is screwed to the floor for the storage of the airbag, I'll advise that you put it in the boot and lock the boot until you refit.

There are 2 fitments at the rear of the wheel. Make sure the vehicle is in straight ahead when removing the wheel and do not change until steering wheel is refitted.

The steering wheel spline can only fit one way on the column spline.

Hope this helps!

Thanks Jason,

I was under that impression too!

It's only going to be off while I swap over the control stalks over with the kit ones so I don't think I'll have to lock it away, just put it somewhere it won't get knocked...

Cheers!

Back