steering rack

Hi all. can anyone tell me if a K12 power steering rack would be able to fit and work on a K10 micra? your comments and suggestions would be much appriciated thanks.

Hi heard about one in Germany who fitted the k11 one, but I doubt that you can easily fit the k12 one. But who knows, with enough money and time and knowledge everything is possible.

The k11 ones can be made to fit, you would need to make a bracket for the pump and there are many places that it can be bolted to the engine (look closely at the front and back of the block halfway up on the fanbelt side, there are threaded holes there intended for the supercharger and such).
The mounting point for the origional k10 power-steering pump is on top of the engine mount, you will find the blue electrical connecter for the pump next to the windscreen washer bottle (however you may have to remove this plug and wire up the k11 one to make it fit). The tank and pipes you can use from the k11 all you have to do is mount them to suit.
If you have the 1.2 engine with the tracked fanbelt then this may make your life easier, if however you have the standard V-belt type then you might be best getting another v-belt type altinator, taking the pulley off it and putting the v-belt pulley onto the power-steering pump so that it fits your belt.

why the hell do you need power steering on a k10??? :suspect:

Im running 7j et6 wheels and a tiny steering wheel and its fine!

why the hell do you need power steering on a k10??? :suspect:

Im running 7j et6 wheels and a tiny steering wheel and its fine!

3-point turns and parking is where it would bennifit the most. They're light and smooth when moving but unless you have your tires pumped up hard, they can be a bit of a pig. The turing circle isn't too cracking with it being front-wheel drive, on the lighter LS models it isn't much of a problem, but when you get to the fatter models with 1.2's & 5-speed (or heavier still, automatic) boxes they get a tad hefty. I know mine now weighs in at 780kgs, when i first got it and it acctually was a stock LS, it only weighed 670kgs.
Fat micra :laugh:

pas will make the turning circle worse, and I dont think its that bad. mine is a 1.2 eec so probably about as heavy as the auto lol

Also theyre made for old people and they seem to get on fine without pas, so christ, your arms must be thin! :laugh:

Actually RTLkyuubi my manual steering rack needed servicing and the parts like some bushings i could not get so i taught since i have a power steering pump in my parts pile i could install power steering in my car. i'll try to get hold of a K11 rack if i can otherwise i would have to buy a rack from a B11 sentra which should must likely work.

well, your gonna have to buy new steering rack bushes to fit it anyway. I guess your not from the UK though? but im sure there are nissan dealerships that can get you some.

Back