Steering Problem

T

tom1854

hi all i am new hear, just bought a micra1.2s on a 55 plate with 9000 on the clock,so far i am well pleased with it except for 1 small problem,when going along in a straight line it tends to veer to the left, took it back to the dealers they changed a shock absorber and said it was ok?, drove away still the same,rang them back they said it was something to do with the camber of the road? i dont believe this my old k11 was fine its going back tomorrow they will try and fob me off i expect, it makes tiring driving correcting the steering all the time has anyone else experienced this? ps tyre pressures are fine no damage to wheels ,ha
s not had a prang.HELP
TOM

the going with the camber of the road is bs most of the time, find a flat piece of road no camber to it and try it then if it still does it then its a tracking issue or tyre issue

Jus had a thought...Brakes arnt stickin abit more than others are they mate?
Ofc they will 'Bind' abit but if you get chance....jack the wheels up n give em a spin....:D

hi all just thought would let you know what the dealer said they said the tracking was slightly out so drove it with the nissan technician, he said the tracking was now spot on? it was still pulling slightly on certain bits of road but not all? he said again this happens on all cars? i do know this can be the case has i have had it happen in other cars i have owned, to me the steering on these new micras is pretty vague so light and tends to respond to the bad roads more than other cars i have driven,my k11 was a much better drive still he said give it a few hundred miles and if i am not happy to bring it back .thats what i will do , if anyone can give me anymore advice would be greatful, thanks. PS I WOULD BE INTERESTED HOW OTHER K12 OWNERS FEEL ABOUT THE STEERING?

i've noticed this occasionally and have thought about taking it to the dealers.
like you've noticed however, the problem does seem to be worse on certain roads so may be related to the camber. some days, no worries at all...
my front left tire is wearing faster by a couple of mms so i'm sure there is a case here..

Hey,

I actually find the steering pretty sharp and responsive, but then i probably would compared to the 405 i used to drive ha ha.

Have very occassinally noticed it pulling to the left but put it down to road camber. it's never caused me a problem, but might check out the wear in the tires see if there is any difference. Mind you, the left front on my old pug always wore quicker than the others but then the engine did weigh about two tons :p . Maybe you're too aggressive on roundabouts!

:love: you are probably all right about the camber just me being a bit paronoid as usual ,tyres seem to be wearing even so far but its only done 9000 so will keep an eye on them, apart from this slight niggle am well pleased with the car its got a bit more power than my k11 and as regards the looks you either love or hate it , i love it:love:

hi all i am back again know this sounds a bit late but was cleaning the car yesterday noticed the offside front wheel trim was a bit loose took it off and noticed the wheel is damaged dented in 2 places around the edge could this be causing the problem with the car pulling slightly to the left? if it is will they replace the wheel under the warrenty? what can cause the wheel to be damaged like this they assured me this car had not been involved in an accident? need some advice will take it back to the dealers on monday

hi all back again took the car back to the dealers this morning to show them the dented offside wheel he said what was the other side like low and behold that side was dented to they say they are going to replace both front wheels and do an opti flex test on the car i dont know what they mean? some thing seems odd to me to have both front wheels damaged i asked again if the car has been involved in an accident he said no? any advice would be helpful cheers TOM

Seems the Micra is really sensitive to any camber changes on the road, mine certainly is!

hi all back again just to let you know dealers have put new wheels on the front , they have opti flexed the car and said it was towing in slightly and adjusted it drove it again yesterday steering seems a bit stiffer but still veers to the left on some roads so it must be a camber issue? i am still not happy after seeing both front wheels damaged seems strange to me i think i might get an independant check done on the car for peace of mind. if anyone thinks i am worrying about nothing let me know thanks for all your help TOM

hi all does anbody live in the telford area? another way to put my mind at rest would be to go in another micra to see if it does the same thing?

good idea never thought of that, will have to go to a nissan dealer away from the one i bought it from.

Back