steam coming from my bonnet.

hi all.

i was driving down the motorway earlier today on the way to my last job at work, pulled up and parallel parked and after about 5 seconds of idle it started to steam and hiss coming from the front left headlight (if you are looking from inside the car.) not large amounts but enough. then after about 10 seconds it stopped fully.

my coolant is full and the radiator and all the pipes seem fine ? i dont know what it could be ?

one of my friends told me it could be the thermo stat letting too much water into the system and could possibly blow the head gasket ? is this true ?

would appreciate any help thanks guys

jack.

Probably nothing to worry about, a little overflow from expansion tank maybe. My 10 occasionally has a little pee when I park up :eek:.

These were more steam farts :/

And it's heating up pretty close to the overheat limit too which doesn't seem good , the radiator cap was half loose so I have tightened that back up but still running pretty hot :(

Cheers dude ! I checked the rad yesterday and the bloody thing was near enough empty !!!!
I didn't realise on my little k10 there were separate caps for the rad fluid and the coolant :)
I feel guilty for mistreating my baby haha

With the rad topped up all is well and she is running nicely :) thanks for the help guys :)

Jack.

yeap :D

i don't really know what I'm going to do next mod wise , i need to be creative and i want to do something different with my car but i really don't know what ahaha !!!

Back