noise coming from front righthand side help?

CMF_k11-king

» CMF Member
so im not to good with cars and what not i was just wondering if anybody could tell me what could be the problem with it...

when I'm driving there is always this high pitch sound coming from the front righthand side wheel i believe.. its really annoying and i want it gone so if anybody knows what it is/could be feel free to tell me and help me rid my micra of this problem thanks :)

CMF_Pierce

» CMF Member
yeah what you got there sounds like a brake pad shim broken or a wheel bearing coming to bits. For your wallets sake learn how to change wheel bearings yourself, if that's the problem, because a shop with labour will probably hit you for 400-500 dollars :<

EDIT: Rudy is right, way better than later on fixing a bearing ;) I left one for too long, had to remove 3 pieces.'

SECOND EDIT: Ironically, my left side bearing just audibly split in two, due to a lot of driving. luckily I was on my way to my rents place and I have 2 spare bearings there, took a while but at least I was back on the road in a couple hours :D

CMF_Dragonfly

» CMF Member
The door hinge pins and mounting can rattle and squeek on older models ,To eliminate this from the list just open the door While driving and any noise caused by door movement will stop .If the noise is still there with the door open then its probably the front wheel .
If its wheel bearings then a violent shake of the top of the wheel sould show freeplay and movement in the bearing .

Back