starting problem!

rite for the last week wen ever i leave for work and start my car it doesnt start on te first attempt but on the second attempt it starts but sounds like itts struggling and then just fires up!

wat is this problem as i have changed the sparks-leads and checked the dizzy cap and they r not to fault!

culd it maybe be the cold start sensor cus wen i drive to town in my tea break it starts first time with no problem????

anyone shed some light on my problem??

cheers!

sounds slightly similar to what my problem was...unfortunatly i never found out what was the fault was and the cars currently off the road, so wont be seeing if it returns for a while yet.

could maybe check starter motor, battery or fuel.

check base idle, clean up any earths you can see as some may be bad, but other than that it sounds like the cold start problem do a search for cold start and im sure it will come up

As rhaines has said, check the battery, however also check your HT leads.

I had a problem that if it had been raining over night the car would refuse to start. I found out I had a faulty dizy cap and mostiure was getting in. At the same time I replaced the HT leads just to play it safe. worked fine for a year untill the battery gave up on me :(

I found this problem occassionally with mine i had to remove the fuse for the fuel filter (in fuse box) turn the car over for a few seconds then whilst turning the car over push the fuse back in you will have a puff of smoke then it'll clear. then all good. Just pushes any build up out the filter try it see what happens. worked with mine

This happened to me over the weekend. From talking to a friend of mine today it is apparently the engine flooding. It happened to me when the night before, Istarted the car, moved 6 foot to let another car into the gap and turned off the engine. Next morning it took a while to start.
My friend says that the BMW M3 and M5 have the same problem but as they are so full of engine management stuff it's not a case of pulling a fuse, more of having to pull the spark plugs and let the fuel evaporate.

stick the key in the ignition turn 1st click n pause. you should hear the feul pump go on for a few seconds then stop.

then try n start the car, maybe your feul pump is on the way out and you dnt give it enough time to send some feul forward.

Back