starting issues

CMF_cookiesmicra

» CMF Member
Turn key to start hear nothing not clicking no egagment nothing. Jumped the starter and it started instantly. Checked the exciter wire to the solinoid no power.... the fuse is ok. The ign seems fine as when i go to start the stereo turns off ect. It will randomly let me start it some times and others it will take 10 trys and other times it upsets me an i roll start it... any ideas

CMF_Rudy

» CMF Member
theres not much to the starting cicuit, the black an red off the battery(+) goes direct to starter, the white an green goes from the same terminal to the fusible link box(#5)and comes out white an black and goes to the ignition switch and comes out black an red, there must be a plug somewhere as this wire changes to black an yellow and is your exciter wire, check all these with a simple test light

CMF_Rudy

» CMF Member
diagram 1.battery
2.ignition switch
3.fusible link box
4.starter motor

Attachments

• 87364.jpg
    87364.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 37

CMF_Rudy

» CMF Member

CMF_Rudy

» CMF Member
I try to cap what I spend, I'm in my fifth maybe sixth year of ownership, my missus is on her fifth car since then, three smashed, one had auto problems and wasn't worth fixing(It was a punishment car for smashing the first 2 nice commodores she had) then I built her an Astra that I bought with a blown motor, she used that to push a Ford Ranger into a pedestrian island complete with safety rail, high kerb etc. $17k damage, lucky I always insist on at least 3rd party property insurance, But I love her and now she drives a s/charged s/pac commodore, if she hurts it she will be on the buses

I just buy wrecks to keep my car going and sell parts to subsidise it, we have decided that this year the micra gets a rebuilt engine, I hope then to get another 5+ years out of it, Its probably been the cheapest, strongest, most reliable car I've ever owned

CMF_cookiesmicra

» CMF Member
On the ignition there is black with red trace, power every so often when turning key to start. Then there is red with black trace(unknown wire) it has power only when turning key to start. What is this red wire with black trace? Is it ment to have power when trying to start car? Can i just piggy back the red with black trace onto the black with red trace?
Cheers guys

Back