MICRA STARTING ISSUES

Hi Guys,

I'm having some issues with my k11 v reg micra.

Car turns over, but not starting.

I can hear the fuel pump whiring,
I disconnected the fuel pipe after the fuel filter, fuel comes out when ignition is turned
i took the fuse for the fuel pump out turn the key to let the plugs dry and excess fuel out, car turned over, but didn't start, even after putting the fuse back.

I'm stumped, please help guys

does it fire up if you drop some fuel down the throttlebody alf ?

Thanks for the reply, I haven't tried that, but what would be the reason for that, if it's in regards to the fuel not reaching the engine, i'm pretty sure it is getting there, when i crank the car, plugs become wet.

I tried taking the plugs out and kept them connected to the leads, i didn't see a spark, i'm leaning towards a distributor, although not sure if i did it correct, do the plugs need to be grounded? I had them on the body work, but that is painted ofcourse

yes you do need to earth the body of the sparkplug alf, and dizzy,s are prone to failing

Right, i tried again by taking 1 plug out (connected to ht lead) earthed the plug with some booster leads to battery, didn't see a spark on it.

Do you think the dizzy it self has gone, or should i replace the whole unit with the ca and rotor arm and leads?

Back