Stalling K11

CMF_alikat

» CMF Member
I have a K11 Micra which (I thought) was showing all the classic throttle body problems - when waiting at junctions or roundabouts the engine would suddenly and spontaneously pick up revs and then, when I attempted to pull away, the revs would die off dramatically and it would try to stall. Terrifying when you're trying to get into a gap in UK traffic! Occasionally it actually would stall and I'd end up with 100 drivers behind me leaning on their horns while I tried to push it out of the way.

I asked my local garage to try the soldering trick and for a few weeks all was well. Then the problem returned. So, in desperation I bought a reconditioned throttle body and asked them to fit it. Not only is the problem still there, but I think it is worse instead of better :((

Have I been sold a bad reconditioned TB perhaps? Or is there some other possible cause?

All help appreciated!

Regards
Neil Gibbons
Southampton UK

CMF_nz_aj

» CMF Member
If the light comes on you shouldn't have a 55.
Could the code have been wiped before you read it? eg. battery disconnected
If the light comes on at all you've definitely got a problem, the code should be retained.

CMF_alikat

» CMF Member
That's interesting. No, the battery was not disconnected at any time. Perhaps my mechanic is reading it wrongly ? He has some sort of mobile hand-held meter which, to be honest, he doesn't look totally comfortable with ! Maybe I should take it to someone with more sophisticated equipment and 'know how' ?

Back