ST gauges INHg gauge

imp124

Buy & Sell Member
Hi

know its a long shot but how can i get this gauge working :S

i have the super s boost sensor but i have heard off a reliable source that the wiring is very very very complicated, anyone any ideas or pics? anything.

Cheers guys

Steve

yer he's got the 3 gauge dash pod from a st and want to make it work on a super s i told him he could as the st works off manifold pressure aswell. but he is struggling to get it working as he needs to convert pressure from a silicone hose from the manifold into an electric signal to the gauge.

yer baz thats what i told him mate.. the converter on the fire wall. that converts mechanical pressure into an electric signal.

i think the best thing to do would be replace that 1 boost gauge for a mechanical one. one that you can just put a hose in the back of and mount that in the pod but you would have to cut the back of the pod out to fit a new gauge and try and get one that looks very simular.

ITs simple use the one on the K10 first the sensor has three wires power ground and signal, you'll need a meter to find out what is what. Then send the signal to the gauge and power that up too, and away you go.

ITs simple use the one on the K10 first the sensor has three wires power ground and signal, you'll need a meter to find out what is what. Then send the signal to the gauge and power that up too, and away you go.

Cool might throw a meter on mine tomorrow or sunday and try and get steve sorted!

i have had a look today i have found which is what on the boost sensor:

yellow - Signal (Fluctuates as engine rpm is changed)

Red - positive

Black - Gnd

Although when i put all the wires in i found that the gauge read '0' when the ignition was on accesssory but when put on the 3rd position (when all the red lights come on on the dash) the gauge jumps to just shy of +7 and when the rpm is changes no change on the gauge? this may be due to the 2 wires from the gauge and one from the sensor, i just stuck the 2nd wire from the gauge on the earth

cheers

Steve

Back