gauges and holders

CMF_jaxx

» CMF Member
iam currentley in the process of installing a few more gauges aswell as putting plently of switches in there to. should look mint. my question is were can i get hold of good looking gauge holders, not the fast and furious carbon effect ones..there cheap, crap and cost to much.

on another note, a few people have had wiring problems that could of set their car on fire. i will try and draw something up on the computer later to show you guys what i have in plan. if you think its a good idea or not.

cheers people.

CMF_jaxx

» CMF Member
cheers mate, sorted the wiring out. All i need now is some good holders, any ideas or links mate, surley you do if you mount them yourself, is it a hobby or a job you have going on there.

CMF_jaxx

» CMF Member
at present it has been covered in leatherete. looks good, but i recon just 3 simple universal gauges would look better. plus this is 4 3 gauges, am after 5 in different locations.

CMF_antish_r

» CMF Member
jaxx your car looks nice from the inside

but i dont think you want to put such an awful big box thin on your dash

depending on your credit

try to get the proper mounting stuff or seeing the box you made i've understood your idea

below your deck there is a space you fit the 3 gauges there or get an A pillar gauge holder

CMF_jaxx

» CMF Member
the lats pic you sent looks good, nice simple and i could always spray it. can you get hold of them, dont want pay alot obviously. i already have A -pillar gauge pods to hold my tachometer and a air/fuel ratio gauges.

CMF_jaxx

» CMF Member
as in near the cig lighter area.....can't put it there if that's what you mean because i have 1 of my screens there from a dvd player set up. i would actually prefer them on top to be honest, how much can you get those cups for on the last pic you posted.
cheers

CMF_antish_r

» CMF Member
jaxx your car looks realy nice

if i were you i wouldnt do that by the way if you lower the gauge pilar and put a second pilar then you have two free space

if you like that box idea then i can'y change it jaxx

but if you need any help bro am here

andy

CMF_Tony

» CMF Member
Holy **** jaxx, Do you drive that car or just sit in it watching Dvds and looking at that funky interior.

It looks great how bout some more pics?

Personlly i like pilar mounted guages and the dash ones with exposed wireing like the japs do.

Good to see someone do there car/Micra a little different to others, Well done mate.

It's a pity those gauges in the steering wheel didn't work out..

CMF_jaxx

» CMF Member
well now ones bought the wheel off me yet. but i think am going to throw it out. yi, i will get more pics for you as soon as i can

CMF_route

» CMF Member
jaxx, you mind showing me a video on how the air/fuel gauge works?
i just installed the same gauge and somehow the light keeps jumping from lean to rich as the car moves. is it suppose to be this way? i always thought the light is suppose to stay at either lean, rich or optimal.

btw, your interior looks sweet, absolutely beautiful.

CMF_jaxx

» CMF Member
yi it ment to do that mate, if you had the engine 100% tweaked at every rmp then mybe it would stay stoich for example. but no thats righs, mine does exactley the same.

sometimes it goes completely off the scale of rich.....give it a rev or set of at granny spead at the lights and we have a nice display of red/yello.green leds.

i will soon be making a post of how to gauges/holders and switches......

is it similar to this:

CMF_jaxx

» CMF Member
actual looking at the pic it went of the scale of lean ha...soz dude, probabley got you worrying, although don't worry every car will have slighley different mix

Back