SR20DE conversion

D

Deleted User

I have been looking into this and considering for some time, dropping in the SR20DE block in the front. I'm taking the motor to a very very very respectable company for them to have a quick butchers around my car.

Does anyone have any links or know of this been done before?

(before anyone does PLEASE DONT post the 350sr or the micra with the 2.0 mid engine touring car SR20 as this is not what i'm looking at - I know there will be one:doh: )

Thanks

I don't think it's been done on the MSC yet! although would be great to see you carry it out successfully. Where are you getting the work done?

It will be a company called MIJ Performance, quite a big place. they're just going to have a look and give me a decision. The conversion isn't set in stone.

It was an SR16VE (VVL is nissans version of V-tec) on carbs if I remember correctly :)

i remember that one, looked like a nice tight fit, but the sr16 has the same dimensions as an sr20 i think, so should go in with some work.

what about the clio 197 engine, they use the same chassis as a k12 iirc. just a shame it's french. you should be able to swap over the wheel hubs aswell and fit the brembo's that the 197 gets (i think they're 5 stud hubs), oooooooohhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!

SR20DE has excellent reputation.

Can fit a turbo and its jap, although depending on any bridges I could hit, the 197 could be an alternative

Get back to me when you have your quote for this work.. and ill give you a quote for the same work..

Getting several quotes, like with car insurance, is always best..

Then obviously taking reputation, and previous similar work..

The quote will be an estimate because other bits and pieces may have to be done, the company have never done a k12 transplant.

What are you quoting Kristian? Can you give an agreed quote?

Thanks.

This is the company http://www.mijperformance.com/

Back