Squashed Micra

HAHA thats awesome!! :p

Ill just leave my Mini here :laugh:................
196984_4486774091_511144091_77590_2733_n.jpg

Quality :laugh:. See that done with Smart cars and G-Wizs' in London - they park them like that, and 2 in each bay as well :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Wasn't that one of the reasons for the design of the Smart Citycar, so you could park easily anywhere?

I love that Micra, made me chuckle out loud - for once the lol was literal ;)

lol i wouldn't be seen dead in it or anything that tiny unless it had a sr20det in it :laugh:

Same here, but could you imagine putting an SR20 in something that weighs as much as a cooked breakfast? It would take off like a rocket! Definitely needs to be done, if I'm honest. Then boost it :grinning:

I can imagine the whole car shaking itself to pieces at high speed - steering wheel all twitchy, panels peeling off, paint rippling :laugh:

Sounds like my K11, pushing it to 120mph. Starts shaking all over the place, engine screaming "NOOOOOOOOO" :laugh:

yeah i had a 1.0 k11 for 2 weeks while i was doing the work on my corolla the k11 was a basic 1.0 that had been used and abused and the mount bolts for the stabilizer bar vibrated out on the m6 somewhere and to reverse it i had to stick one leg out the door and push :laugh: and forward gears where 1st 3rd and 5th :laugh:

The gearbox was knackered on mine in the weeks leading up to breaking it - first it wouldn't go into reverse, so I had to push it with one leg out the door, like you (but it had no interior, stereo, speakers, sub, or spare wheel, so it was quite light :laugh:). Then 1st went, so I had to pull away in 2nd. And then it wouldn't go in gear at all :glare:

My K10 gearbox fell apart too - second and third it would get stuck in and need a good thump on the stick to move it to neutral.

Turned out the gears had split into 2 or 3 pieces, and were jamming as the synchro pushed them.

the k10 g/box,s had a bit of a reputation by the autograsser,s of letting go at about 75hp apparently, but my little 1.0 one has endured some serious abuse :eek: and the 1.3 ones seem to handle 160hp+ no probs

I don't know what was going on with my gearbox Frank, I daresay it didn't help that I'd ragged the nuts off it. And from looking over all the service and workshop invoices I have, it's never had a new gearbox or anything fitted. And the previous owner was a new driver who'd had it for 2 years, so it was probably ragged then as well. It was absolutely knackered - I'm so glad to see the back of it, but I don want another one in the not too distant future (Y)

Back