Lol wtf lol

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

What the #### is the point in that?

Normally people tow these behind large motorhomes so when they stop at a site the can pop into town visit places etc without moving the large motorhome again *geek*

I know what it's for K10, I just don't understand what's wrong with having a car that hasn't been cut in half :laugh:

Are these road legal? :suspect: Wouldnt like to see that in a crash test
Would love one though

Well it says it's got an MOT, so it must be :laugh:.

Definitely worth putting a turboed SR20 in that, tuning it and squeezing as much power out of it as is technically and physically possible, and converting it to four wheel drive. Just for laughs :laugh:

It can't legally retain its identity because the monocoque has been modified. It would need inspection under a class that is a bit of a grey area even with vosa, I cant remember if it is BIVA or SVA it would have to be subjected to but it basically cannot use the original identity or carry another until it has been through that process. It is probably still carrying its last MOT or the tester has been friendly and not flagged up the modification to vosa.

The ACE are dedicated to trying to interpret legislation so that definative descriptions can be agreed on what kinds of modification can and cant be carried out with loosing the identity of a car or mean that it must be subject to the rigourous (and expensive) testing procedures.

http://www.the-ace.org.uk/

oh and btw the point to this is because there is a limit to the amount of weight you can legally tow before it must have its own self activating brakes, so unless you want to run a brake line into the car you are towing the only way is to reduce its weight some how.

So chances are, it's probably not legal? I mean I can kind of see it snapping in half if someone crashed it, not something you really want when buying a car. And I guess it comes under that rule about never buying buying a car that's been modified - has someone spent many hundreds of hours perfecting it, or was it built by someone whose mechanical expertise consisted of a socket set, angle grinder, a spot welder, and a hammer?

It can't legally retain its identity because the monocoque has been modified. It would need inspection under a class that is a bit of a grey area even with vosa, I cant remember if it is BIVA or SVA it would have to be subjected to but it basically cannot use the original identity or carry another until it has been through that process. It is probably still carrying its last MOT or the tester has been friendly and not flagged up the modification to vosa.

The ACE are dedicated to trying to interpret legislation so that definative descriptions can be agreed on what kinds of modification can and cant be carried out with loosing the identity of a car or mean that it must be subject to the rigourous (and expensive) testing procedures.

http://www.the-ace.org.uk/

you normally need an SVA for chassis modifications and custom cars. it would be on a Q plate if it had been SVA'd

So chances are, it's probably not legal? I mean I can kind of see it snapping in half if someone crashed it, not something you really want when buying a car. And I guess it comes under that rule about never buying buying a car that's been modified - has someone spent many hundreds of hours perfecting it, or was it built by someone whose mechanical expertise consisted of a socket set, angle grinder, a spot welder, and a hammer?

you'd think that, but Nissan sell whole quarters of cars. you can buy a micra chassis from nissan in 4 quarters and weld it together. if you had massive damage to a quarter of your car and you want it repaired (some people fix up micras because the weld in cages are worth it) and Nissan themselves will cut the car in half and weld it up again. its not actually that bad, almost all limos are cut and shut, and the car initially came only spot welded together, so a proper weld is much stronger than that. also it may have some chassis bars along the bottom

I was going to mention Q-plate, but wasn't sure if that was only reserved for vehicles that have been modified in every possible way APART from chassis and structural modifications. Wondered if you might have to go through some sort of other lengthy and expensive legal process. And I'd never actually thought of it that way, even after seeing people on here cutting bits of the chassis out

What? That's crazy will, I can hardly fit in a standard Mini as it is :laugh:. Personally I wouldn't feel safe driving a car like that - not just because it could snap in half in a crash, but because if you had a crash, the whole car would probably crumple up like standing on a Coke can

the safety wont be compromised! welded material is stronger than sheet metal anyway so more weling the better! just not as much space between a cars bumper and your face!

I guess so. But yeah, you would be about an inch from the other cars bumper if you crashed. The crumple zone is your face :laugh:

I guess so. But yeah, you would be about an inch from the other cars bumper if you crashed. The crumple zone is your face :laugh:

i'm not sure bout reduced crumple zone cos if the driving seating position is the same, the distance from front bumper to the driver would be the same with the same stuff inbetween. so i'm guessing in a frontal impact the driver has the same crumple zone as if they were sitting in the front seat of a normal micra (but the reduced mass of the rear section may reduce the impact load abit), and a rear impact has the same crumple zone as being a rear passenger. the effects of the altered structural integrity & construction between the front & rear section is another matter and as you mentioned before daniel, the reduced floor & roof space could mean that in a serious smash like being sandwiched between two crashing cars it could just crumple like a canfwn

parking must be a doddle

I think 100bhp would be more than enough in something that light. :)

say it weighs 500kg that would be 200bhp/tonne thats gonna be quick on the road

my old stage 1 200sx was 170bhp/tonne that went well when you got your foot down :grinning:

ive seen a couple of minis like this which the back of the front seats are the back of the car!

do you mean like this:
223279_1039948889110_1537181198_30108987_8128_n.jpg

Back