Springs

Hey guys. Today I fitted Toyota corolla sportivo superlow springs in the rear in my k11. Fit perfect and with some help it dropped about 4" from factory height. Springs are stiffer then standard but looks awsome. Tucks about 5mm of tire on 13" stockies. Am fitting the front in the morning with corolla sportivo low rears in the front. Will try posting photos when I'm finished.

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
here,s my after pics :)
(suzuki alto/wagon r rears on the front, and 1 coil cut stock rears with shortened shocks)
155/70/13 tyres

Attachments

• 53154.jpg
    53154.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 43
aye your from murwillumbah too...
my micra aint on the road yet. still in the process of making it not so stock. but its silver blue and i love it.

my other car is a 2003 corolla sportivo (black) the only one in murwillumbah. im pretty shore you would have seen that around in town before.

let me know your details and you can come give me some pointers on doing up micras as i have no idea. lol

Micra is going to be slamed on little rims (still deciding what kind) sound system I'm getting today from auto barn. I'm pretty much doing all the things u do to any car, lowerd, rims, tint, sound, exhuast, extractors and air intake. N maybe one day a turbo kit :D
cos my micra only has 65,000klms so is like brand new :)

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
BOX WROTE:

"Does anyone know what other springs from other cars fit into a k11 without any mods?

frank2 WROTE:

"here,s my after pics :)

(suzuki alto/wagon r rears on the front, and 1 coil cut stock rears with shortened shocks)

155/70/13 tyres

and here,s a matiz rear, along side a stock k11 front (gives 10mm of preload)

Attachments

• 64667.jpg
    64667.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 39

CMF_niiCk

» CMF Member
hey, do you have the part numbers for the sportivo springs?

also frank2, ive always been meaning to ask. If i were to buy lowered matiz springs, does that mean i would be able to fit them onto the k11 seeing that the stock ones fit?

thanks

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
niiCk WROTE:

"im talking about lowered matiz springs, buying placed onto the k11 shocks.

they are availiable eh nick :eek: and going by the pic the working length of the shock is similar (just that the lower perch is lower down on the matiz leg)
so they may be an option eh

Attachments

• 64951.jpg
    64951.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 34

CMF_hotfunk67

» CMF Member
Frank,
what springs are you running on the matiz legs at the front? Just the standard ones or matiz rears as you did on the micra legs or something else?
Do you change over the tops of the legs so it fits the micra?
How does it improve the handling?
What are you using on the back, chopped micra with shortend shocks?
How are they shortened?
Sorry about all the questions just very curious as to how they work.
Cheers
Dean

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
i have the stock matiz front springs on the front dean, but they have a lot of preload (11 coils !)
baguete has rover/honda civic fronts on his i believe (on the right) but the ride was far too firm for me, with those
and i prefer the matiz shocks because they have soft downward dampers (and stiff rebound)
and the matiz thread at the top is 12mm and D shaped, so you have to file/open up the topmount hole 2mm

Attachments

• 65073.jpg
    65073.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 36

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
and the rear shocks have a little collar for the top rubbers to locate, i slid the collar off and welded a headbolt washer lower down
then fitted a spacer on top (so as to keep the shorter matiz rear spring captive when jacked up)

Attachments

• 65074.jpg
    65074.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 45

CMF_hotfunk67

» CMF Member
Hey Low and frank, how the f--k do you get the Matiz tops off? I managed to get it to about 3 threads from the end but now it is just spinning and I cant find a place to grip it unless I grip the chrome leg which I dont want to do.

Back