springs and shocks ............help..........

daddyjay

Ex. Club Member
if i put 30 mm lowering spring on my car will i get away with using my old shock's
(if not do i have to do front and back or can i just do the back 1's)

You can use standard shocks on 30mm drop!! I've done 35mm on standard shocks and been fine for 20,000 miles or so

I'd do them all round personally!

I should hope so! I got some lowering springs a few weeks back still getting round to putting them on lol.

What happens after 20000miles ollie?

went to the scrapyard the other day and i found a super s. it had lowering springs and shocks on but front shocks no good as they had been drilled.
is it possible till still put the rear shocks on minus the front as they are upgraded form mine or would i need to replace them all round.

went to the scrapyard the other day and i found a super s. it had lowering springs and shocks on but front shocks no good as they had been drilled.
is it possible till still put the rear shocks on minus the front as they are upgraded form mine or would i need to replace them all round.

check they haven't got koni shocks on front, i think they go inside the original shock casing, so the casing could've been drilled to drain out the oil. it's a possiblility,

Back