FS: KYB Excel G shock absorbers, front and rear good condition, APEX'i Sports Lowered springs

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
Hi all just looking at who may be interested in purchasing my shocks and springs.

They are:

KYB Excel G shocks (nitrogen). Around 50,000km old, never seen track use. They do their job well and are not leaking. Nismo bump stops will be included with these. They suit all micra models including Super S with ABS. They will come with factory strut top mounts which have been filled with sikaflex 255 to harden them up a bit.

APEX'i Sports Lowered springs. These are progressive rate all round and provide a rather smooth and well sorted ride as well as a sporty stance that isn't illegally low. Being progressive they start out soft and as more weight is put on them (the more they're compressed) the harder they get. This means you can get a good ride but the car will remain quite flat around corners. While the ride is soft I find it is very sporty.. The car feels like it should have had these springs from the factory.

Also have some factory FRONT KYB oil filled Jap shocks to suit non ABS micra. They seem OK condition, possibly small amount of leaking. You can have these for free. I think they have the original UK rock hard dunlop bumpstops with them but don't quote me on that).

Probably looking at around $400 for the lot.

$200 for the springs alone.
$250 for the KYB Excel G shocks
$20 for the factory front KYB oil filled jap shocks

Bargain prices eh... Will be on the vehicle until new suspension is sorted.

CMF_Tony

» CMF Member
Hey Tom,I'm interested in what your replacing them with? Was going to call you last night in regards to my gearbox(little problem) but could not find your number. Certainly a great deal but do not have the funds.

CMF_LWC

» CMF Member
Your front boots look pretty stuffed.......LWC had new ones bought from Shaftmaster in Fyshwick ACT for $30pr instead of Nissan $250pr, they are suitable and easy to install once the shafts are out and in pieces, oh the originals lasted until 92k, the replacements still going at 210k!! :)

CMF_LWC

» CMF Member
I replaced both CV Boots a few years ago when I found a website phone number for CV Boots in Brisbane try 07 3275 7600 ask for CV Joint Boot P/N 85-M008, cost was $18.26ea. Haven't checked if they still exist.

They told me that in Canberra call Shaftmaster ask for a 180 CV Boot, cost me $15ea. Shaftmaster can supply new CV Joints for $140ea. or $170ea shaft exchange. Originally I spoke to Andrew. I checked the web and now they are located at Shaftmaster Driveshafts, Queanbeyan 171 Gilmore Rd 2620, (02) 6297 4555, Fax (02) 6297 4566.

You need to add on a bit for inflation over the last 4 or 5 years......I hope they are still going.

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
Not sure mate.

Shipping for the springs AND shocks or just the springs?

Just the springs wouldn't be an awful lot but I'm not keen on seperating them at the moment.

CMF_tris

» CMF Member
hey, i was askin bout these on jdmstyletuning.com. im pretty interested in the whole lot. are the KYB shocks jus rear? or all 4 corners? would you send to sydney?

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
The setup I had lined up has gone pairshaped.

I'm still interested in selling this setup as its not to my likes anymore but I'm not about to flog them off and have the car sit on stands for a few weeks.

CMF_tris

» CMF Member
hey yom. hows the replacement shocks coming? im still keen to buy your shocks when you want to sell them although i spent a bit of my money on new brakes. i should have the 400 soon though. just let me know when you want to get rid of them!!!

Back