Spraying door handles and mirrors.

richmicratwista

Direct Detailing UK
sorry if this is in wrong forum

im thinking of spraying my door handles and wing mirrors but as they are plastic do i have to use plastic primer or can i use ordinary?
my mate informed me of this after i have just sprayed my front splitter with normal primer. what are the implications of this if any. cos they looked pretty good when they had gone off

RE: help please

be safer and spray it with plastic primar, have you thought about maybe changing the handles full stop? or smoothing them ;)

RE: help please

local nissan dealer mate and are around 9quid each i think.... they look cool on silver... i just given mine to titch because i didnt like them on my car but hes is silver n i think they look pretty cool

looks like this

21-Micra 4.JPG

Titch :kungfu:

I was gonna attempt to colour code them using the Halfords colour match kit, surely just to prime it with the given primer on a roughed surface will be fine?

It worked fine for my mirrors so I see no reason why it shouldn't work on handl;es, use a few grades of wet+dry and then it might be a good idea to lacquer them as they will be touched a lot

My door handle are stating to sort of fade to a light black colour.
you think chrome handles will look ok on a black si?

£9.00 from nissan dealer - that sounds a bit cheap!

MICRASKYLINE said:

they stand out like a soar thumb to be honest on black cars..only look good on silver i think.

2 x 10mm bolts on interior of door behind the door card.

and i strongly recomend plastic primer as it stretches with the plastic as it heats up with the weather and doesnt cause cracking and chips!!

MICRASKYLINE said:

i tried these on mine yea... dont think i got a pic tho but my comp at home broken atm anyways so cant check 4 ya
personally i wouldnt get them for black car... i gave mine to titch coz they stood out too much n looked bit chav...... wayne sprayed mine black while he sprayed my car n they look miles better black painted than they do normal.... so if u guna do anythin id recommend just spraying em black

Think I agree with you guys. gonna keep my handles black on my black micra!!

Seen a black car 2day with silver handles and it does look crap!!

Back