Spraying door handles... which handle type?

I managed to get some colour coded ones off a March in a scrappy near me for my last micra, however I cant find any now. I dont think I can spray the std grey ones as they are a different material to the colour coded ones off the March. The colour coded ones seem to be harder with a sheen on them . There are actually ones for sale on Ebay, BUT they cant say for sure if they can be painted
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NISSAN-MI...odel:Micra&hash=item1c22dc6962#ht_1904wt_1270
The ones in the link look exactly like the ones I got from the scrapyard March, which I rubbed down, primered and painted the colour of my car. Anybody got any advice?

I took the door handles off and sanded, primed and painted with no issues (same goes for wing mirror mounts and boot reg light).

So long as youve got an etch primer to the plastic there shouldnt be any problems...im guessing your stock handles are grey just because of sun damage?. If thats the case make sure they arent brittle before you start. :)

If you're spraying plastic, it's essential to get any car wax or mould release agent off it. When you're ready to paint scrub it with a clean cloth with pure alcohol or solvent first and let it dry.

I was tempted to try painting the std grey ones but they dont seem that sturdy and flex, unlike the proper colour coded ones, which seem to be made of thicker plastic. Might just try painting the ones I have then

Back