spraying bumpers

well i did my whole grill with a small can of theirs so im gonna say 4 but if you do nice even coats you should be able to tell if you need to pop out and get some more

yea about 6 i rekon halfrauds paint is sooo thin it horrible nice quick layers and alot of time probably best off trying to find some other paint from my own experience :)

I wouldn't bother with the off the shelf paint bud it's not a very good match

If I were you I'd spend the little extra and have it mixed, it will be a better match and will look a 10x more of a better job

halfords mixed stuff cost £11.99 per spray can and comes with a better nozzle.

i personally find halfords off the shelf stuff crap and especially there clear lacquer i can never get a glossy finish with it.

i tend to use holts duplicolour spray from local motor shop much better results.

What about getting it done at a bodyshop? that shouldnt cost too much just for 2 bumpers right? or am i living in a dream world? Iv personaly never used a paintshop before, but im sure some of they guys around here might have a guestimate at how much it would cost?

Duplicolor is ok (Y) the mix from halfords is better than off the shelf but then agen I use the gun so cans in my eyes arnt all that good

I would say to have a body shop do the bumpers would be about £50-£60 ish Each, but remember ull be spraying new paint so it's going to be fresh and will stand out more than the rest of the ages paint on the car so you should be leaning to the whole car Being machined polished

its a verry verry old body shop trick that my dad told me

somthing to do with the oils thats in peanut butter, just rub it in like polish leave for 15 then take it off

jobs a goodin

If i had a prefacelift, or any older car for that matter, that had black plastic bumpers id spray them black (Y) look wicked

Just dont use halfords laquer, anything is better, simoniz laquer for example is much better.

If i had a prefacelift, or any older car for that matter, that had black plastic bumpers id spray them black (Y) look wicked

Just dont use halfords laquer, anything is better, simoniz laquer for example is much better.

simoniz paint in general is better :grinning:

Back