Spraying Interior

A

adr3n

as most of you know i am thinking about spraying the interior of my micra mat black.

new1.jpg

1, do you think it will look good?

2, how do i clean it down before priming it?

3, How many coats will it need roughly?

4, How many parts can be removed for spraying?

5, what should i use to cover the screen etc when spraying from inside the car?

6, What paints do i need?

any help on the above would be great

Thanks

It looks really good. I made a mess of mine and it still looks better than the standard grey!

Take the dash out, it takes 10-20 mins. There are 3 nuts under covers along the top edge, 2 bolts under the stereo, 2 on each side by the doors and a screw behind the heater control panel.

Take your indicator/wiper stalks off too in case you damage them. I used Halfords Spray which covered some bits fine with one coat. If I'd have cleaned and keyed it properly it would have been ok :(

1. Yes it will look good if prepared properly and sprayed well.
2. Clean it with warm soapy water and make sure it is well sanded down and thoroughly dry before spraying it.
3. Depends on how the paint sticks but about 3/4 thin coats of the paint itself, after primer.
4. Everything.
5. :s Don't spray inside the car, take everything you will be spraying out of the car, makes life so much easier.
6. Whichever ya want, although halfords have a wide range of paints available as panel paints. Make sure you get plastic primer in the colour the paint states, and sand in between coats. Also, I think matt black may look a little dull. Why not go for a shiny black. :)

ok might start the paint job soon.

going to try it out on the panel by the handbreak and gear stick frist

:)

ok just found some matt black enamal spray paint, will that be ok to use? after the primer?

no - enamel paint is the worst...
Just use some normal matt black or just black... you'll want to laqure it anyway after youve done - and then you wont have your matt black finish.

Plus matt black gets dirty, you'd have to wipe it down twice a day!!

1, do you think it will look good? Yes i think it iwll look good darling, all interiors look better sprayed :)

2, how do i clean it down before priming it? Clean it with warm soapy water as you dont want to coat it :) Sand it down first with medium paper and then fine paper :)

3, How many coats will it need roughly? Depends But i wouldnt say much more than 30 pound

4, How many parts can be removed for spraying? all of it is removable for respraying

5, what should i use to cover the screen etc when spraying from inside the car? I would remove the dash and al possible bits of the vehicle in my opinion, so much easier to spray when not in the car itself, and better ventilated.. But you can cover the seats and stuff in the seat covers that mechanics have or sheets, thats if u do it in the car

6, What paints do i need?
Primars and then the paint colour your choose, plastic primer is best and platic paint, if i recall you can actualli get the proper paint to do the interior of the car

me hopes that that may be of some use to you darling :) good luck and have fun :p

Back