------- sportex backbox group buy ---------------

Just thought id mention it if anyone is interested, that me and Silento are thinking of buying a Sportex Backbox and if anyone who is interested then we could possibly get it cheaper by doing a consortium..

If anyone is interested just post up on this thread and make your selfs known.

Regards

J

OK seems like 7 of us, sounds good so far, ill give it till sunday night and monday (8th) ill make enquiries for it and will get back and let ya all know!!

Shaun, you can always get the back box first and work your way to the engine :grinning:

J

Looks good but i guess not all wants to replace the system, even thou its a good price FFS!! i have a janspeed full system apart from the back box so ill just get the sportex backbox only, on the link you posted it seems that there are no flange on the box which looks like a sleeve fitment thats only for use with its own pipes thats comes in the package, I visited sportex website and they only seem to do the back boxes....

anyway for 7 boxes i got a reply back that they will give us a 10% on each box ..... any more boxes more discount!!

J

if it had flanges on all relevant places as standard pipes id get this setup and use the backbox only and keep the rest or sell it on but no good to me as janspeed has flange connections ... so i guess im stuck with the single back box for my car.... so Karlj, are you in for the group buy or going for the other system set? this way i can round up complete numbers, like i says the more we get the cheaper we get the back boxes, im waiting for another email for a round up price including the postage so it wont be till monday on this....

J

i already have the sportex system on my car.. but well done on getting a discount on the back boxes i hope you get more numbers

Im definately up for a full system after seeing KarlJ's on his thread a while ago (Y)

Hi shaun, the discount will only be for the back boxes not complete systems so i think thats something that you may have to purchase separatly, but on the othe hand i can ask when i phone up on monday if you want and give you a price on that providing they give me infomation..

@eliot, if 7 back boxes are ordered then 10% will be knocked off and ill find out how much each box including delivery in total will cost and this is when ill neeed to know exactly who wants them... they take paypal so who ever is interested can you PM me your full names and i will compile it as a list and email them your names and you can order direct from them and they will know who you are when ordering to get your discount...

J

Hi shaun, the discount will only be for the back boxes not complete systems so i think thats something that you may have to purchase separatly, but on the othe hand i can ask when i phone up on monday if you want and give you a price on that providing they give me infomation..
J

Oh i know :down: but it looks really good for the money so i am not really worried :blush:

@eliot, if 7 back boxes are ordered then 10% will be knocked off and ill find out how much each box including delivery in total will cost and this is when ill neeed to know exactly who wants them... they take paypal so who ever is interested can you PM me your full names and i will compile it as a list and email them your names and you can order direct from them and they will know who you are when ordering to get your discount...

J
Ok will they give us discount on a different one. Im after a 92 one while others will be after a 99 I think there the same price.

Guys if im perfectly honest I will have to drop out of this buy as I can't afford it on the run up to christmas. Also when I do get some spare wonga I want to use it to sort out my suspension first. Thanks for putting this together though..

Sorry..:blush:

Guys if im perfectly honest I will have to drop out of this buy as I can't afford it on the run up to christmas. Also when I do get some spare wonga I want to use it to sort out my suspension first. Thanks for putting this together though..

Sorry..:blush:

No worries mate, you do what you need to do first on your car if youve planned it that way!!

Good luck!!

J

OK guys, i just got an email stating that each box would work out to 96.40 (gbp) and its including delivery!!! so who ever is interested add your full names to the list ive posted below the post.

J.

hi guys, bit of bad news. Frank made me a straight pipe that misses out the backbox. The sound is incredible. So I will not be buying a sportex anymore.

Damn. Well I still need an exhaust as mine just went 'BANG' today. Does sound rather cool now, but too loud for such a slow car.

When is the closing date for this group buy?

there isnt any closing date but if your ready to buy then it seems like just you and me lool, if your still init then ill contact the geezer in the morning and tell him the unfortunate news of how many people its bear down too!! and see how much we gonna get off, i cant imagine it gonna be a tremendous amont noticeble but i can only ask

J

afraid i'm gonna have to drop out as well. having no job, would rather keep the little money I have left in reserve in case anything serious comes up. good luck.

Awesome frank make that end then? looks Great! (Y)
(was it ripspeed?!)

na Frank made all the piping. I had the ripspeed tip. If you squint it looks like janspeed (Y)

Have a look on my blog, lots of pictures there mate.

Back