Spikes car written off!!

fox1983

Deactivated Account
well unfortunately on the way to the southern meet today spike, nex and detox were in a accident. after nex and detox stopped at traffic lights spike stopped just behind and a audi a4 with portsmouth footy fans in went straight into the back of spike which pushed him into the back of nex. nex's car is barely damaged but spikes is written off. the guy didnt want insurance companys involved n offered £300 to pay for damages but did he show NO! spike has severe whiplash and we took him to the police station with a non-existent address from his partner, a first name and mobile number which are real. spike will give details. hope everythings gets sorted soon for u.

AHHHHH MAN HOPE YAS ARE OK!!!! IS THE MICRA FINE ASWELL????
BTW IVE HAD A DRINK AND YES IM QUITE HEAVY IM SORRRY :d HOPE NEX N BEN ARE OK THO!

Dagnamit... spike has just spent loads of ca$h on his recently aswell...

did any of you guys get the Reg no# etc...

should have gone through the insurance...

Always bad to hear someones been involved in an accident but as they say you can replace the metal...

If you know the number and name are correct the police will sort it as the guy would have provided false information and left the scene of the accident without giving correct information... Hopefully the car is registered and it's not a pay as you go!!!

I'll always call the police to an accident unless cash is handed over just in case this happens but I guess its one of those, your normally in shock after an accident...

Hope all goes well for ya :D

We were all stunned when we were in the restaurant and we got the call.

Then NeXs electrics all went mental!

Hope you get everything sorted Spike!!!

Well I don't know the full extent of the damage but basically,
The rear is all dented in (including boot)
Driver side front wing has slightly caved in
Both bumpers are useless (although still on quite well)
Exhaust has been pushed forward and the mid pipe had bent itself into a weird and wonderful position.

NeX has got a 10-20mm long dent/scratch on the bottom of his rear bumper.

Hope everything goes well, how did things go at the cop shop?

hey guys, just back from a lovely two hour stay in bath hospital, as everyone knows, the car is a write off, but im ok, so thats the main thing, ive just got a sprained neck with bruised muscles on my shoulders where the harnessess held me in.

I'd also like to thank everyone today, especially Paul and his wife for waiting behind with me, and basically everyone who offered support and help, considering i'd met none of you in person till today, everyone bent over backwards to ensure that I was ok, so for that i'm very grateful

In other news, the Rated R Supercar is written off, but, this leaves the door open for newer things, im gonna source a 1.3 and basically transfer over all the mods ive done so far and take it from there, as for the car at the moment, well somones already bought it, and belive me, if they stick to there words, she'll be back.

thanks again for all the support, and no doubt I shall see you all again

Spike (Y)

nah nothing off him, after the fake address thing, its not suprising really, although the police were very helpful and understanding, as were the hospital staff, they say im not to bad, but i've been advised to take it easy for a few days, they also pointed out that the harnessess probably reduced the impact aswell, but im still going on the notion that if i still had the old seatbelts in there id have hit the windscreen... not a nice thought :down:

also wanna make a big thanks to Nex (ralph) and Detox (ben) for guiding me home in the dark, then to hospital (which they waitied and took photos grrrr) and then guiding me to Bath uni, so thanks for that (Y)

They're good lads (and after that post I know there names lol)

You only fitted the harnessess the other day didn't you? Very lucky you did!!! But don't think about the what ifs! You're fine that's all that matters.

Just hope this matter can be sorted out quickly! You done the right thing going to the police. Just hope they can do something.

Nice one NeX and Detox.

How was the car to drive though? I imagine you took things slow!

U seemed a lot better than I was when I wrote off my *cough* Corsa *cough* I was an absolute state!!

heres a little pic of Spike lol,

Attachments

• 15-10-06_0100.jpg
    15-10-06_0100.jpg
    231.3 KB · Views: 220
ollie240585 said:
They're good lads (and after that post I know there names lol)

You only fitted the harnessess the other day didn't you? Very lucky you did!!! But don't think about the what ifs! You're fine that's all that matters.

Just hope this matter can be sorted out quickly! You done the right thing going to the police. Just hope they can do something.

Nice one NeX and Detox.

How was the car to drive though? I imagine you took things slow!

U seemed a lot better than I was when I wrote off my *cough* Corsa *cough* I was an absolute state!!

The harnessess were the reason we were late in the first place, we fitted them in the car park of a BP service station, before we set out, what we assumed would be a ten mintue job actually turned into an hour and a half... but very good luck that we fitted them when we did, else things mighta been worse.

That pic is horrendeous aswell... :'(

it made a very interesting day lol, i hope the next meet is alot smoother with more micras and less crashes lol and less of Portsmouth in general ;)

also by then spike should have a nice new car and i'm sure i'll have my electrics working as well lol!

hope you get well soon Spike and i hope you are back on the road soon with a bigger better micra :D

NeX said:
it made a very interesting day lol, i hope the next meet is alot smoother with more micras and less crashes lol and less of Portsmouth in general ;)

also by then spike should have a nice new car and i'm sure i'll have my electrics working as well lol!

hope you get well soon Spike and i hope you are back on the road soon with a bigger better micra :D

Nah he don't need to do that, Some T-Cut should sort his car out no problems!!

Well I sure hope this gets sorted out for you, I guess the Police have something to go on but lets wait and see what they can do...

Was a good day.....by the looks of things, evey thing is going to be ok!

spike still think you are going to go to the next meet....or was your first just 2 tragic for you!

i got in a 3:05 (most left at 6ish)bet that was the latest of all the people at the meet!

Sorry to hear about that mate!!! Hope things get sorted soon, but the main thing is that you are ok. :) Hope the police sort the Audi driver out, really annoys me when people can't pay the consequences for their actions. Hope you feel better soon anyway Spike. :)

omg these meets there jinxed something always happens and nex has no luck with cars lol

glad every1 is not 2 badly injured anyway x

NEX DONT FORGET TO CHECK UR TOWBAR AND CHASSIS! glad ur ok spike ur welcome for all the help couldnt just leave considering we were the only ones who knew the area at that time. get betr soon

Arnold said:
Lol!! Ems says pull your jeans up :p

Hope your ok mate

lmao, sorry :p, Neck is a little stiff today, but no lasting damage by the looks of things (Y)

again, thanks for all the support, but I see a few positives to this, and overall, I enjoyed meeting everyone etc, hopefully next time everything will go a bit smoother lol

Wow spike.
Top bloke, cant belive your bad luck.. but I suppose it does happen ...
Need any advice or help, just give us a call mate..

kristian said:
Wow spike.
Top bloke, cant belive your bad luck.. but I suppose it does happen ...
Need any advice or help, just give us a call mate..

heh, nevermind eh? gonna have somthing else lined up, be a little easier than what we were planning to do with the 5 door, anyway, once ive sourced a car, ill get back you to on it (Y)

Gemma85 said:
omg these meets there jinxed something always happens and nex has no luck with cars lol

glad every1 is not 2 badly injured anyway x

i have no luck!!! i thought this was going to be the first ever meet that i would go to with a perfect car lmao!! but no, about 3 min from the car park and along comes audi boi!!

i've been to 5 meets, never had a car without a dent or a scratch on it :down:
oh well lol at least it wasn't as bad as Spike's or i would have had that audi guys balls hanging from my mirror!!!

fox1983 said:
pmsl u wouldnt have been able to take him lol! :p

LMAO well... if he had written off my car i would have given it a bloody good go lol, tie him up with all the wires in the boot ;)

sounds like the exact same thing that happened to me last year. The guy gave me a real name and mobile. Then he got shot of it as soon as. Didn't hear from him again and the police couldn't do anything since they had nothing to go on and the car was a ringer. Hopfully if his car is actually registered to him they will be able to find the guy. If not your going to have to go through the MIB for your money of which you'll get practically nothing and i wouldn't expect payment before jan 2008. It's a sucky slow process but at least you arent permanently damaged.

Ian.

Ian said:
sounds like the exact same thing that happened to me last year. The guy gave me a real name and mobile. Then he got shot of it as soon as. Didn't hear from him again and the police couldn't do anything since they had nothing to go on and the car was a ringer. Hopfully if his car is actually registered to him they will be able to find the guy. If not your going to have to go through the MIB for your money of which you'll get practically nothing and i wouldn't expect payment before jan 2008. It's a sucky slow process but at least you arent permanently damaged.

Ian.

i think the MIB only deal with aliens....

Glad your ok spike, and i wasn't looking at your bum. I just couldn't help noticing after seein u bowl!! :p

If i was admiring his arse i wouldn't have told arnold to look too!! So nerrrrrr!!! :p

I just don't understand y people wear belts if they want their trousers to fall down anyway!!! LOL

Ems said:
If i was admiring his arse i wouldn't have told arnold to look too!! So nerrrrrr!!! :p

I just don't understand y people wear belts if they want their trousers to fall down anyway!!! LOL

Belts suck.

Back