First Ouch moment in a lowered car...

Squizza

Ex. Club Member
Feel Free to tell me about yours, here's mine and has usual a Q's... :D

Couple of weeks ago I was at Mack's D's in Barnsley, South Yorks!
My Micra became beached and they attempted to report me for eractic driving o_O ...but anyway looked at damage and my exhaust had sorta crumbled (rusty) and bent along with the front anti roll bar slightly outta place! :eek:
The exhaust is gonna have to be replaced quickish, the performance and noise (rattling) is worsening!
Anyone recommend a cheapish uprated system??? I'm thinking Peter Lloyd cat back with a modded mani :)

And YES I've learnt my lesson, its my first lowered car I've had and thought it wasn't that low!

Mine was after I had the corsa coilies on....

Leaving work I was coming up to a roundabout that leads onto a bypass that I use, there was a brick, yes a brick, your normal everyday house brick in the middle of the road. I thought I'd do the sensible thing and aim for it to go under the middle of the car, yeah that failed, went over it and heard a massive bang where it hit the front lower engine support

Mine experience has been on 35mm springs. Had a full car leaving college. There is a speed bump, which I'm not joking is like a tree is laying down across the road. I found out the reason why its so high is that electric/gas lines are underneath it. Anywhoo I take it nice and slow. From the moment I hit it I was scrapping til my car left. Certainly left my mark on the bump.

That was a expensive brick, can't imagine the noise! :eek:
Ye mines scrapes a fair bit and especially will after next saturday! :p and it only got a 80/60mm setup! o_O

Beached? How low are you?

I've scraped but never got myself beached. Avoid bumps or go over diagonally.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Forum Runner

Well this is the thing only 80/60mm which is 2.5 inch on front and 3 inch on back... however there had being 16reports in one week of them being in!
Like Bricks instead of ramps... tried to take em slow, but in wet weather the car just spun popped over and smack, had to then wheelspin off and first get rid of 2passengers!

Learnt my lesson now, just need a new exhaust :rolleyes:

Never really had ouch moments, but i had a 106 on bumpstops that locked up round a corner and went into a punto writting both off, since the micras been low only really took a chunk out of a curb with the front toe hook, hit quite a few curbs with front back bumbers breaking all lower front bumper mounts. Beached it and had to get toed off a mound. possibly hit some sort of mount/maybe the gearbox on a few bumps now and then.. Micras can really take a beating dont they?

Everything seems to be nice "tucked away" underneath the Micra. So things that usually scrape are just the exhaust or chassis, nothing too important or susceptible to damage.

Watch the sump though..

Back