Southport Cruise?

Does anyone know if there's a cruise on this Bank Holiday Monday (August 29th) in Southport. Been a while since i've been and don't know if it's still running.

Cheers

think recardo might be coming.. :) and its on the beach so be careful not to get the sand in the micra :p

its not a cruise as such. its a meet where they all park up on the beach (controlled of course) and just hang about looking at cars or having a BBQ :)

Hi Guys

Im new to MSC and im so glad i came accross it, i live in st helens my car is a K11 Inspiration, unmodded yet ! only had it a few months would i look a bit stupid at the cruise in southport? im not planning on racing i just wanna get 'inspiration' for my micra lol

Paddy

southport cruise is more like a car shpow without any proper organisation really...
its supported bythe police and the council and attracts 900+ cars on a nice day and 500+ cars on a rany day!!
please dont assocciate southport beach "cruise" with any other chav meet...

ill be going in my primera since its now back on the road :D

splank said:
please dont assocciate southport beach "cruise" with any other chav meet...

if you actualy look at most organised cruises, chav's arnt welcome, cruisewigan/warringtone cruise/rude2cruz and cruise bolton all dont have chavs, i think cruise bolton is now looking for new locations to get away from chav's people have a misguided view about cruising,

slim said:
this isn't a forum for chat about cruises. we aren't that type of club.

maybe this isnt that type of club but im sure while in general people can write about things that may interest others, maybe if you went down to a cruise then you would find that its just like a club, people are they to talk about cars and have a laugh, isn't that what this club is about? you could call the meets that happen in areas in this club cruises realy, because exactly the same things happen as at cruises, the steriotypical burnouts, street racing and donuts are just not seen, as people dont want to loose there place to cruise by being told by the police that they cant go there, so people just talk and show there cars

i run bolton cruise, and also cruise cheshire now :p

bolton is just FULL of chavs, we tried to move the few enthusiasts that went but it fell flat on its face, now ive handed the job of cleaning it up to somebody else (but still keep control of the site) becuase i know its not going to work which is a shame because me and the others put 3 years into building it up...

Cruisecheshire - semi chav/semi enthusiast - although we are pushing for more of an entusiast meet, and if you look at our latest meet which we are doing on the 12th i think you can see where we area heading

Wigan - kinda agree with you there although last sunday when i was down there were a few idiots

Rude2Cruz - the less i say about then the better...

there are some chavs at all cruises, but i'd say theres a hell of alot less than people think, people seem to think its all run by chavs but its not like that at all

i try to stay away from bolton, dont realy like the place tbh, driving there is a nightmare

Me and Hughes16v went, saw a yellow faceleft micra, no mods, red prefacelift, no mods, then we saw a black SuperS modded loads

David will agree, it's unique, same front bumper as quickdraw has on his K10, huge twin exhaust, side skirts, pulsar bonnet vent and a hugely extended SuperS spoiler. Problem is that it was untidy but I can say if finished professionally it's gonna look good.

On another note the interior was nice, sprayed dash, re-trimmed SuperS seats and a loud sound system.

No K10's think someone needs to get down to some shows with one.

Oh ye, hehehe, hoping to be in Redline but only cause I was right next to a Punto with a nice bodykit and hydrolics.

It was a good day. Finally learnt how to fit those oval side-repeaters!! Lol!

Did anyone else get sly remarks about driving a Micra? When will people accept they are just as good (if not better) than a lot of cars out there?! Lol.

Respect to the guy with the majorly modded black K11. Looked good, although could maybe do with it's dashboard respraying. Liked the little spotlights in the boot door.

Was suprised that there weren't more Micra's there. Maybe next time we can get more organised and go in force.

It was harsh on the guys and galls getting busted for their window tints. That's the only problem with Police monitored cruises, they tend to get you on things like that.

What time did it all wrap up? I had to leave about 4 to get my mate to work.

Andy_S - Saw your motor, but not you. What size wheels you running on? Planning on lowering?

BroomDJ - where were you and what was you in?
Me and David had a look at all the micras.

Never got any good or bad comments about having a micra, think we need to have a few together, but that guys wouldn't help the situation at first, if we got enough nice modded ones at shows it'll show what can be done.

RE: RE: Southport Cruise?

goldstar0011 said:
BroomDJ - where were you and what was you in?
Me and David had a look at all the micras.

I was about halfway down on the right-hand side. Dark Red K11 with 5-spoke alloys and gauge pods on the dashboard. Left about 4pm.

Does no-one display Micra Sport ID? Is that maybe something we can sort out for the next meet?

I agree about the numbers thing. We'll go in a pack next time if people are interested.

Back