Sound system ideas??

NeX

You're after my robot bee
Club Member
what are the ideal locations for speakers?

i'm planning to put the tweeter side of my components at the very top of my A pillars or maybe on the B pillars

then the subs will be bolted to the bottom of the seats for the "pop" effect

then 6X9 alpines in the front doors for mid tones

and finally a 12" sub in the boot for the "rumble" effect...

is this the best setup? i'm not planning to buy any new kit but this is what i have:

2X tweeters Sony
2X vibe tweeters
2X Vibe 13cm component subs
2X vibe cross overs
2X alpine S series? 6X9s
2X JBL 6X9s
2X sony 6X9s
3X Mutant 280 Amps
1X Sony 12" sub
2X 13cm Kenwood door speakers
2X stock nissan tweeters
1X 8" unbranded sub

so i have enough stuff but what to put in and where to put it... I also want to have an Aux system which runs of the HU's amp and then the rest off the amps

any ideas would be a big help :) thank ppl

To put it politely........no its not the best setup.

Use one decent set of components (6.5") up front, with the mid's in the doors stock locations OR in kick builds in the kickwells. Then position the tweeters either in the kickwells, or at the bottom/a little way up on the A-pillars. You want the sound to appear to come from in front of you, so you're meant to be trying to get the stereo image appearing as centrally (and ear height) as you can....

Can you maybe sell most of those speakers, and then buy one decent set of components?

Then run the front components off of one of the 2 channel amps for maximum SQ and power.

Also, what is this 'pop' sub effect?

A 12" sub in the boot, powered by one of the amps, or one more powerful amp, should do the job perfectly.

90% install, 10% equipment, if you can install some decent components well in the front, get the tweeter positioning bang on (use blue tak to move them around until you are happy with the sound), and have an amped subwoofer plus an amp running the components, that should be all you need.

However for passangers, you could always use the JBL 6x9's in the rear side quarter panels (not in the shelf).

How come you have so many pairs of tweeters/speakers?

Thanks mate, i was hoping you'd reply cos you know your #### :)

firstly i have picked up/ been given most of the stuff so over all i've spent about £200 on all that :)

well the "pop" effect is what i call the thump you get on the sound of a bass drum. i find that the big diameter subs are too large to make a popping sound, they are much better for really deep rumbles but the small 13cm vibe subs are big enough to do mid bassy sounds like a bass drum.... maybe i don't have enough power behind my 12"?

My car is a 5 door so no can do on the rear 6X9s, but i do really want to use the alpines because they give a very clear sound compared to the JBLs or the sonys

at the mo i have the kenwoods in the back doors, the JBLs in the front doors, the sony tweeters in the A pillars, sony 6x9s on the shelf with the 8" sub in the middle and then the 12" in the boot.

one amp for the front speakers, one for the shelf speakers and one for the sub... and one head unit to rule them all lol :)

The vibe components are the best ones i've heard so far, i looked at other components but nothing compares to the vibes they are really clear...

i don't want to put anything in the foot wells because i know they are just gonna get trashed down there... so i think any speakers will have to go in the doors...

Thanks again for your help mate, the sound system was the first thing i installed and it was before i knew better lol :) so now i'm redoing it ;)

you could use the sony stuff and the 6x9's and the mutant amps to make a nice fire (mite be better to sell for funds though lol) use the vibe companants and hu get a vibe black box amp for the componants and a vibe active sub and ull be sorted with a very high quality compact system.

and it sounds like you like alot of punch in you bass so go for the vibe cbr10 active about 180 quid , you get the most punch from a 10" , 12" is a good all rounder jack of all trades kinda thing 15" is just for thouse low sustaned notes really

all i have is a head unnit and front door spekers and 12" sub and amp thats it

im looking to modify my door cards to fit an 8" sub in them with components and ran off a 4-way amp to them all with a sub in boot, how do u think this will go?

i recon will be nice and clear as i have a good sound setuo in the front of car with bass in the back :D

would like your opinions thanks :D

In a K11 i would only go for some good 6.5" component speakers in the front doors that are amped and a 10 or 12 inch sub in the boot.

thanks ppl,

so i'm looking at just components up front and sub in the boot ?? should be nice and easy :)

i'm really just after a good to resonable sounding system that has punchy bass and can be loud when i want it :)

Sorry for the late reply. Yep, decent components in the front and a decent subwoofer in the boot, all setup properly, should be fine. The sub and amps should do, so I'd just invest some money in some front components, and possible a 4awg wiring kit plus distribution blocks if you dont have the already.

ah, ok thanks loads :)

what about sound from behind? for the surround sound effect?

You don't need it, rear speakers in a Micra only drag the soundstage backwards. It's a bit like turning your back to the stage at a concert if you know what I mean.

I've heard systems in estate cars that only had comps upfront and subs in the back which sounded good, and it was plenty loud and clear in the back seats.

ok fair enough, well what i have in the car at the mo will be fine for now and then i'll revise my entire system when i have some more time :)

Back