Sound system help?

Chrisxn

Ex. Club Member
Ok, Im pretty new to this car modding game, and recently got myself a K11 micra- that I fallen in love with :D

I just put 10cm speakers in my parcel shelf.. Just cuz they're a lil better quality that 6x9s! Which are currently wired straight to the head unit (which is only a cassette player atm!)

so, I wanted somehting with a bit more kick.. and was considering adding a sub..

If I were to do this, would I need an amplifier?

o_O I shud stick to the mechanical bits! Theyre so much easier!!

Thanks!

Chris

Yeh, to run a sub you would need an amp, and Pre-Out on your head unit - little red and white circular connections!
You can get a sub like mine - Vibe CBR Active, with the amp already built on, so you dont need to worry about the correct wattage etc!

Im sure pete will recommend some more gear when he reads this post!

Daz

If let us know how much you wish to spend then it will enable us to recommend something in your price range.

The basics you will need for a good system and what I would recommend would be the following:

1. Headunit with at least 2 pre out's, 3 is recommended.
2. 2 or 4 channel amp. 4 channel will enable you to connect front and rear speakers. An amp with around 100w rms per channel will be fine.
3. Front speakers I would go for some 6.5" components
4. Rear speakers are not always needed but some basic 6.5" would be fine
5. a mono amp to power your sub.
6. Subwoofer either 10" 12" or 15" depending on what you like.
7. Sub box or custom enclosure
8. Wiring kit for all of the above

Have a look here <---- link

If you need any advice on installation and how to fit anything just ask.

thanks
Kev

i ordered that setup from them....but when it arrived, it was even better products than what i ordered :grinning:

yeh you would need an AMP to run the sub! HOWEVER:

a freind of mine with a micra wired his sub straight into the "REAR connector block".....now he shouldnt have done this really...but the amount of bass that it gives off is Unbelievable!!!! it really does give off some noise....which i didnt think was possible!!! he will be buying an amp soon as long as his fuses hold out lol

You only need one 4-channel amp.

Run some upgraded front components off of 2 channels, and bridge the other 2 channels to run a subwoofer setup.

You only need one 4-channel amp.

Run some upgraded front components off of 2 channels, and bridge the other 2 channels to run a subwoofer setup.

I was meaning either a 2 channel or 4 channel amp. 4 channel being prefered allowing for front and rear speakers. Then thinking it best to purchase a seperate mono amp for the sub.

However depending on budget a 4 channel amp maybe a prefered choice.

Kev

Back