Someone that installs springs?

Rightttt, I'm getting severely pissed off at my springs now, had very little trouble with the rears, however doing the fronts, managed to get one of the struts off, however can't for the life of me get the other one off:mad: AND can't get the top mount nut off either. If i try any longer I'll probably round the nuts off and chuck something through a window:oops:

SO, I've spoken to some local garages (3 of the them). Two won't even touch lowering springs and the other wants to charge £120 per spring...

Is there anyone around that will do them for me, or anyone know of any garages that will? I'm in Bucks just outside West London:) Cheeeeers guys

Which; apart from the damper nut that you're having trouble with, are the other nuts and bolts are you struggling with.
I used a long steel tube slid over my ratchet to loosen the lower bolts for the first time (they're easy after that) and on the damper nut I used an impact wrench that I borrowed. Same type they use in the tyre bays. I loosened them at work and just nipped them up to drive home.

Which; apart from the damper nut that you're having trouble with, are the other nuts and bolts are you struggling with.
I used a long steel tube slid over my ratchet to loosen the lower bolts for the first time (they're easy after that) and on the damper nut I used an impact wrench that I borrowed. Same type they use in the tyre bays. I loosened them at work and just nipped them up to drive home.

It's one of the lower bolts that I'm having trouble with, I done the same thing as you with a long bar but I've started to round it off!:mad: Anyway I've found a guy who's going to do it all for £60 which isn't too bad, and I just want it done now anyway:p

Not sure what sockets you've been using, but for future reference, it's best to use six point sockets and not the multi point ones, to help prevent rounding the nuts. I learned this the hard way :(

Six Point:
6 point socket.jpg

Multi Point:
multi point socket.jpg

Last edited:
Back