Somebody please help :( ASAP

Have a 2001 micra and this problem has only started today.

You turn the main beam lights on and on the dashboard, the blue full beam light is faintly on and sort of very slightly flickering. If you only have side lights on, it does not appear.

While i was driving, this faint blue light became as bright as it would if you had flicked your full beam on, however i had not done this and i still only had my main beam on as normal.

After i had drove for a while me and my girlfriend could smell burning but we just assumed it was the area we were driving in. I then drove about 20 miles again and the same burning smell appeared. I lifted the bonnet and could smell it but only slightly. My girlfriend described it as burning rubber, but im not too sure

Please somebody help and quick :(

thanks

Wronmg section.

But, check the bulb connectors - these can melt and cause this roblem.

Also, there is a fusebox in the engine bay which can also short and melt, it is the one the the left of the engine IIRC.

Craig

thanks alot very much appreciated

I was thinking it could have been a switch fault on the stalk or maybe wiring on the loom etc? Could this be possible?

if it was not the wiring that you say it could be, would an auto elec person be able to plug then diagnostic machines in to find the fault you think??

again thanks and sorry for posting in the wrong section. How do i move the topic to where it should be?

Only a mod can move it.
It could be a problem with the stalk, yes, but the burning smeel makes me think that the problem is elsewhere - it is easy to check if it is wrong, the bulb leads just pull off and it will be pretty evident if the fusebox is broken - have a nosey under the bonnet :)
Craig

Wronmg section.

But, check the bulb connectors - these can melt and cause this roblem.

Also, there is a fusebox in the engine bay which can also short and melt, it is the one the the left of the engine IIRC.

Craig

agree with Craig!
i have just fixed this problem on two micras!!
look at the "black connector block" that fits on the headlight bulb! its usually the "right pin" that is the fault melting the plastic and not making a proper connection!

or the fuse has blown in the engine bay!!!

you can wiggle the connector about while the headlight is on and you should see the blue light on the instrument panel fade etc!!

hope this helps!!

naps

Back