Some questions about ECU size

Hi,

i'm a micra owner from Belgium and i have a question concerning the physical size of the ECU.
My last Micra had an ECU that's significantly smaller in size then the one in my 97 model? Is there some kind of adapter available to fit a smaller ECU?
The reason for me asking is this:
some time ago i've ordered an ECU from mr. Ed. I'm very pleased with it, but it's a smaller sized one. My 97 won't start anymore (I suspecty NATS) so i want to replace my ecu. I've already tried to contact Mr. Ed but he seems very busy. For the time being, i want to install the small one so at least i can drive it.

A totally different question: I recently purchased an 4-1 manifold with cat bypass. People claim that installing a new manifold causes the engine to run lean. Is this true?
In the future the plans are to install a Megasquirt. I've did some fiddeling before with it. My old 94 model ran (not great) with a ghetto install using a MAF. It won't be anytime soon though.

micra klein.jpg

Plans are to use 1.3 cams, larger GA15 TB and bigger injectors. Don't know if 1.3 are different from 1.0? It also seems a Primera P10 1.6 fuel rail and injectors might be an option?

Anyway, it won't be anytime soon i'm afraid. For now 54hp will do just fine.

the smaller (oblong) ecu was the pre-nats one, and i think ed internally rewires those ones so that they plug-n-play on the nats models

Back