Flywheel sizes, CG's into Vivas and some other newbie questions

Hello all,

First post here. Looking at fitting a CG13DE into my '68 Viva wagon. I will have soon sold my other Viva, a long running project which is powered by a Mazda V6. The money from the sale can go into my re-powering wagon. I've always liked the K11s and their engines, especially the size and weight of them. So I shall embark on adapting one to run RWD with possibly a Datsun 1200 gearbox. I'm planning on my own induction plenum utilising the stock flange and injectors. I'll run it on Speeduino unless I can source the ECU etc from a CGA3de - either way I can ditch the dizzy.

OK... so these are my plans. But I need to learn some things now. I have been offered a complete setup from this car for about 60 quid..so the price is right (I work on tight budgets...)

I'll be heading down with my partner in crime and ace 'car puller-aparter' Hannah (who's sister happens to own a K11 in the UK) tomorrow. Its just a CG10DE in this car though.. but manual micras are rare here. In fact K11s are becoming thin on the ground now. It'll be a good start to dummy up and scheme my plan out with though. Which leads to my first questions...

Are the flywheels the same diameter. I figure they are as the gearboxes must be the same so the ring gear has to stay the same for the starter to mesh. But perhaps the 10 has a lighter flywheel or a smaller clutch?

Any tricks I should know before I start that will make hoisting the lot out? Hints and tips. hidden bolts, perhaps a magical sequence?

Anything else apart from the pedal box etc that I should grab from this Manual car (plans are to buy a Micra in the future as a run about so it could be handy to grab any parts for a manual conversion now).

If all looks good I can start a build thread even though its a Viva? Or maybe I'll just post it in Retro-rides like my other stuff.

Alex

Back